• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • win87

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    elkhart in
    Hello I am from Elkhart .I am wanting to get a cc permit. I would like to where the closest place to Elkhart and what to take with me.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If you're in the city call your local police dept. If you're in the county call your local sheriff office. They can tell you where to go for your area. Usually, you go to the PD or sheriff office depending on where you live to get the process started.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hello I am from Elkhart .I am wanting to get a cc permit. I would like to where the closest place to Elkhart and what to take with me.
    The advice given is good. Just wanted to point out, before you get flamed, that we don't have a CC permit in Indiana. We have a license to carry a handgun. You can carry it however you want to carry it.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    +1 to the advice above, and I'd like to add that you might read the INGO FAQ, linked in my signature below. If the FAQ itself doesn't answer any questions you have about applying for your LTCH, there are several links to other threads that probably will answer your questions. :)

Welcome to the board, and congratulations on applying for your LTCH! :)

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN

win87,

Here is a map link to the location in Goshen. This is where you apply for a LTCH.

I am from the Elkhart area. They will want forms filled out and they will take your prints. Then you pay your money and if you check out OK. they will send you a LTCH. I believe they have the forms there.

Take care, good luck!! :yesway:

ps. get the lifetime LTCH... :twocents:

Last edited:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Damn,I remember when we called them "Gun Permits".Guess we have to be P.C.
    The permit part isn't the issue. Permit, license, all the same to me. It's the concealed part that seems to cause problems. If you have a license (permit), you are not required to conceal your handgun.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Right, it's a license to carry. How you carry is up to you - a key distinction for folks just getting into this in Indiana.

A_Tomic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Orland, IN
    He is asking where to go in Elkhart...

The permit part isn't the issue. Permit, license, all the same to me. It's the concealed part that seems to cause problems. If you have a license (permit), you are not required to conceal your handgun.

Right, it's a license to carry. How you carry is up to you - a key distinction for folks just getting into this in Indiana.

Hey guys.... win87 is asking where to go in Elkhart...

Just tell him... Go Here -----> from: 41.587082,-85.836654 - Google Maps

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    And make sure to check out Elkharts stupid guns laws and protect yourself with knowledge.

Google "elkhart indiana municipal code" then search for "firearms" within the code.

It's almost like living in Kalifornia.

Top Bottom