• DeltaLover

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    North Central Indiana
    I just saw some today at Big R in Wabash they were $65

:popcorn:

Looking to add to my preps and sustainability by utilizing rain barrels. BUT, I don't want to pay $100 or more at Menards / Lowes / etc for them.

Does anyone have some sources for good, inexpensive rain barrels? Or are there alternatives to barrels that I'm not thinking of?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated....Thanks

Rikkrack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Montgomery Co

I have bought at various places, Craigslist, New Pal, Lexington, I used toget for free when I lived in Seymour and people around there may still be ableto. The company (a Pharmaceutical) would get 20-30 plastic and metal a day andhad to pay to remove them.

Wherever you get them; A verify food/pharmaceutical grade. B Do not trustthat they say they were cleaned. Do it again just to verify. C Some will chargemore for open tops. Buy the sealed tops for less and just cut them. If usingfor long term water storage, get the sealed top. D You can pick up spigots andother fittings at Rural king or online, so if there are no bungs etc. Do notworry. It is super easy to fit.

I have 30 currently and looking for more.

If anyone knows of a good source for 275 gallon poly totes I am interestedin those too. I have a system I am building that is 6 barrels high, but wouldlike a few poly totes for comparison.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Hey im not in anyway an expert on any of this so subject, but I remember last year at a store called Orscheln's here in Ellettesville Indiana they had brown polymer rain barrels for 50 bucks a piece. They looked pretty nice and seemed fairly sturdy. If I see them again I will post a picture for you guys. If I could ever get the time and enough space I thought about using these for a small garden.

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Morgan County Soil and Water sells Rain Bbls... I can't remember the price, but seems it was reasonable. You might check with your local county office.

Top Bottom