• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Well, something must've changed since I drove down there, walked into the store and ended up purchasing my S&W 4586 then. As I said, it was several years ago so it's entirely possible that they've removed themselves from the civilian market now.

Nobody asked me for LEO credentials at any point in the process and the paperwork routine was identical to anywhere else I've made a handgun purchase from a retailer.

There has to be some sort of arcane "Catch 22" in the increasingly unfathomable BATFE regs at work here for both what they state in the quote from their website above and what their employee reportedly said to GlockRock on the phone to be true. What exactly that might be is completely beyond my comprehension.

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Ok to try to clear up about Kieslers. I am an old way back customer there. I still refer to it as Kieslers. There are two stores there. One is LE only known now as Kieslers. The other is a new name of ORION ARMS. Same store two different entities, owned I guess by the same company, if that makes sense. You can drive up, walk in and buy what you want from ORION ARMS. You can't go into the other side and purchase unless you are LE or FFL. Prices of course are lower in the LE or FFL side naturally. I was there April 9, that is when I saw 380 ammo for 49.95 a box. They did have a good selection of police trade Glocks. 22's, 23's and a few 19's. I do know the Glocks were mostly around 379. They also had quite a few S+W 40's and some Smith 45's. :D Thought I would add the phone #. it is 812-284-4867.

Last edited:

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Thanks Hiram. Should've figured something of the sort, as it's probably the simplest way to keep things sorted out between two disparate sets of business requirements for records, etc. It just didn't make sense that they would simply abandon a market segment so large and lucrative as we "peones".

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Right on that. I only bought some ammo while I was there. 38 and 9. They usually have some good deals if you look close. The last gun I bought was a glock 22 for 329. all the rest were 389 at that time and I have no idea why that one was 329 but I didn't argue with 'em. Even the nite sites were still bright. And a long time ago I got a S+W 2nd model hand ejector 44 spl from 'em for 149. It was well used but heck! :):

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Hiram, thanks for the clarification as well. I didnt know about the Orion Arms part of the business as I only deal with Kieslers since i am LE.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I was gona post the Kieslers store as well. Haven't been there in a few months so I didn't know about any name changes. Anyhoo, I bought a police trade-in J-Frame for about half of what I had seen anywhere else. It had a few scratches but it shoots great, is solid as a rock, and fits nicely in my front pocket. This was before the Obama administration and I haven't seen a deal like that since. Sad times.

Top Bottom