• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    call vermont grain in eastern howard county, they will sell you as much as you need. i buy 300 lbs of wheat oats and corn at a time.

IndianaWoodsman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    East Central
    Local farmer is going to be your cheapest bet but you will want to clean it before planting or grinding. My folks run the gristmill at the State Fair's Pioneer Village. We buy our corn because it is a non-hybrid open-pollination variety but we raise our wheat and then run it through the seed cleaner before we grind.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm going next week on business, and am stopping in to E&S to get details, price list, etc.

If there is something specific you're looking for , PM me, I'll get you the details you need when I'm there.

I will be back up there in about three weeks, and could haul some product back to Fishers if there is interest.

God Bless.

If anyone is making a trip from the noblesville fishers area, I'd be willing to chip in on some fuel if your making a run. I may make a run myself. Would anyone be interested in a purchase if I went up that way. I am in the Cicero area. I'm still hoping for the state fair connection as well.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Never thought it would be an easy source. I have not heard back from them, I (we) are at their mercy. I sill make a phone call this evening or in the morning. If no response than I say that M and S is the best source.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Dude, thanks again for trying. I appreciate it.

Never thought it would be an easy source. I have not heard back from them, I (we) are at their mercy. I sill make a phone call this evening or in the morning. If no response than I say that M and S is the best source.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I appreciate you trying, none the less, this turned out to be more complicated than alot thought though. It's been a learning experience. Definately a good reason to prep, think how hard it will be when there's a shortage or SHTF. Thanks again for trying though.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have contacted Indiana Woodsman now, I think his parents maybe the same people I spoke with at the fair. I also sent them another email today, as of now still no reply. Hopefully if IW is kin to them he can get the word to them.

Bob Wyre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    E & S Sales in Shipshewana, IN.

Point of contact is Mr. Chub. He is the buyer for them.

I called him this spring, placed and order and picked it up a couple of hours later. Cash sale and they had it all on a pallet, ready to go. I purchased several 50# bags of hard red, hard white wheat, pinto, navy beans. It may be a drive for you but it will be worth it. Stop at the store next door, I believe it is called Eashs. There is also a hardware/general merchantile store just down the road. They have a lot of usefull preper items. I picked up a single mantle Coleman kerosen lantern there. Puts out at least as much light as a 60 watt lamp with out the offending smell of a white gas lantern.

Take your family to the EssenHause restaurant down the road for a good meal.

Hope this helps. I do not have the phone number for E&S, though.

Bob Wyre

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Thanks Bob, and welcome to INGO. I'll be there on Saturday and get prices on the grain products. Indysafe, I've got your list.

052.5GT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Columbus

My girlfriend is from Middlebury and her family still lives there. This is a MUST if you go up there. If you always love to go home and get some of moms good home cooking that is what you get for every meal there. Although the one in Middlebury is spelled Essenhaus. It is amazing and should be the only place considered to eat when up in the area.

indysafe317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Indy South Side
    price

Do you remember how much you paid for the bean and wheat per bag, rough estimate.

E & S Sales in Shipshewana, IN.

Point of contact is Mr. Chub. He is the buyer for them.

I called him this spring, placed and order and picked it up a couple of hours later. Cash sale and they had it all on a pallet, ready to go. I purchased several 50# bags of hard red, hard white wheat, pinto, navy beans. It may be a drive for you but it will be worth it. Stop at the store next door, I believe it is called Eashs. There is also a hardware/general merchantile store just down the road. They have a lot of usefull preper items. I picked up a single mantle Coleman kerosen lantern there. Puts out at least as much light as a 60 watt lamp with out the offending smell of a white gas lantern.

Hope this helps. I do not have the phone number for E&S, though.

Bob Wyre

Bob Wyre

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    No, I do not remember what I paid. I think the wheat was something like $25/50# bag. All of the items are a comodity and the prices vary due to market fluctuations.

Thanks for the welcome. I have posted here before, just not for a long time.

Bob

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    If anyone is interested, I have the catalog for A&E sales. Looks like good pricing. Below is the link or send me your email and I can email it to you

Google Docs
    HOLY CRAP!!!

I was thinking maybe the SO IN folks could do a group buy on wheat and I could pick up a truckload sometime when I'm up that way, but now I'm thinking I could fill a truck full of stuff just for me :rockwoot:

But if some guys in SO IN (or in Indy area) wanted to do a group buy, it is possible for me to get it (it may be a while before I head that way, I never know for sure). They carry hard spring wheat, which isn't typically grown in IN so if you're looking for hard wheats this is probably the place to get it.

If anybody calls to get a current price on wheat, post it here please.

Top Bottom