• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My first, a Star chrome plated .25 ACP semi-auto, was purchased from an Army sergeant at Ft. Campbell. It was a decent and reliable pistol, considering. It gave my wife some comfort on those nights when I was away training.

Gunsmiff12B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    South bend
    Man i loved walking through fellas as a kid trying to get whatever adult took me at the time to buy me any kind of firearm.

Mine was a Taurus pt111 my mom bought for me when I turned 18 and had my carry permit, bought from cabelas in Hammond for $200, ive long since upgraded, but she still has it.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Fetlas was a neat place. I went there once around 2000 when visiting some friends in Valpo. My first gun purchase was my 8" Anaconda from McDonalds in Grant Co. My first 2 guns were gifts from my dad. Still have all 3. And I do remember many trips to Lengals with him back in the 80s/90s. That place was amazing!

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Poff's Sporting Goods in Terra Haute started me down the road to redemption with a S&W 19. Had to wait 7 days to pick it up back then. Probably been 15K full power loads through it. Will never let it go.

PeeWee9999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Plainfield
    My first was a Ruger Single Six fixed sights both cylinders. $59 out the door at Montgomrey Wards Portsmouth, Ohio. Christmas gift from first wife.

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    First one I bought was a used sterling 22 auto from Crackshot. Just got married and didn't have a lot of money, but wanted something small. Mike sold it to me for $25 out the door IIRC. Shots pretty well considering, is picky on hp ammo but can't seem to let it go.

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    My first gun, a Beretta 92, was purchased in Osceola Indiana at a Newman's gun shop.
    That was 25 years ago. They later moved to Mishawaka and started a hardware store but still sold guns.
    That has been closed for a long time.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Can't remember the name of the store (it's gone now) but picked up a 6.5" Ruger Single-Six with both cylinders in Spring of 1992.
    My second handgun was a 4" Ruger GP100 in .357 magnum that I picked up from 2nd Amendment Arms in Huntertown, IN.
    My third handgun was a 2.25" Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum that I picked up from JTL Guns in New Haven in December 1994.
    The Single-Six and the SP101 I still have today I still shoot them and still love them!
    Dang, dude. Serious taste.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    High Standard Camp gun bought at Mace's Jewelry and Sporting Goods at 21st and Post on Indy's eastside. That was about 1976.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    George's Gun Shop-Louisville (lived in Derbytown @ the time). Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine. Got it to go with my Universal M1 Carbine. Let the Carbine go but still have the Blackhawk & it's Still a Handful!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    You just described 95% of the politicians...
    I'm a retired teacher...and I've seen first-hand the destruction that politicians can do vs what should have been done (logically speaking!)
    Politicians should be banned from engaging in the following activities and allow the rational people to handle them:
    1. Education Policies
    2. Legislation Activities
    3. Legal System (all)
    4. Financial Decisions - federal / international / state / local levels
    5. Public Funds / Budgeting Activities...and any and all Decision-Making associated with federal / international / state / local monies!
    6. Public Places...restaurants / public buildings / etc.
    7. All other people's lives (who're not their own)!

Top Bottom