• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    CC to Bravo for dinner last night. I discovered that my typical carry position (between 3:00 and 4:00) doesn't sit very well in the chairs they have there... After a slight adjustment forward, I was much more comfortable.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    LET'S see here....I carried to the Doctor's office, a wake, gas station several times, gorcery store, pretty much everywhere I could and no reaction at all. In fact a couple of tmes my shirt pulled up over the butt of the gun and still nothing.

Greg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went with a mostly CC approach today. Just Starbucks and Walmart with an open-button shirt over. It was windy outside, so it was more OC then (OWB Holster), but no issues.

One lady behind me in the checkout line saw, but didn't say anything.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    CCed this weekend to Pierogifest in downtown Whiting. Passed I don't know HOW many officers and such and not ONE mentioned anything about the gun I had. (the shirt covering it was NOT loose so I KNOW I was printing like crazy....

Greg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Brazzini's Pizzaria Emerson/Co. Line next to Kroger. Went with friend and Dad. Dad doesn't know yet, so apparently it wasn't showing that bad.

Two cops were walking in behind me and friend, and I was hoping they would notice and ask... I've still not been stopped or questioned by a cop, and I think I'm looking forward to it. Wierd, yeah?

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    County Market gas station, bank, Big R, Premier Arms, County Market again.

Casual concealed, as is the case most of the time.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Not today, but Friday I carried at Walgreens at Co. Line and 135, Greenwood Mall :shady:, and wally world in Beech Grove. Was getting the oil changed, so I wandered the store for probably 45mins, plenty of squatting down to look at lower shelves in electronics and home imp., not to mention the ammo cabinet(which was pretty bare, shocker).

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I'm heading to Seattle at the beginning of Sept, and Chicago at the beginning of October.

I would absolutely love to be able to conceal in Seattle, since it's the first time I'm travelling alone, and I'll be alone for the most part for the three days I'm there. I've tried contacting the Seattle police dept. and the Seattle attorney general asking for some sort of "temporary" license during my stay, to no avail. That sucks, as I will be out at night without transportation, walking to my hotel. I've basically given up on this one.

In october I'll be driving to Chicago for a night, for a concert, sleep over in a motel, then drive back to Indy in the morning. In this case, do you think it's possible that I could conceal carry the entire way and not run into any problems?

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Well, I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I'm heading to Seattle at the beginning of Sept, and Chicago at the beginning of October.

I would absolutely love to be able to conceal in Seattle, since it's the first time I'm travelling alone, and I'll be alone for the most part for the three days I'm there. I've tried contacting the Seattle police dept. and the Seattle attorney general asking for some sort of "temporary" license during my stay, to no avail. That sucks, as I will be out at night without transportation, walking to my hotel. I've basically given up on this one.

In october I'll be driving to Chicago for a night, for a concert, sleep over in a motel, then drive back to Indy in the morning. In this case, do you think it's possible that I could conceal carry the entire way and not run into any problems?
    In Illinois you would probably be arrested under 720 ILCS 5/33A-1 if you were "made".

720 ILCS 5/33A-1... A person is considered armed with a
    dangerous weapon... when he carries on or about his person
    or is otherwise armed with a category I or category II
    weapon. (b) A category I weapon is a [firearm or] a knife
    with a blade at least 3 inches in length, dagger, dirk,
    switchblade knife, stiletto, or any other deadly or
    dangerous weapon of like character.

So a knife would be better than nothing while in Chicago, but your blade length is limited to 2.5"
    CHICAGO, ILL., MUNICIPAL CODE § 8-24-020 (2005). Concealed carry of dirks, daggers, stilettos, bowie knives, “commando knives”, any knife with blade greater than two and a half inches

Depending on the venue of your concert, you may be patted down before entering, greatly limiting your options. A good stiff pen or permanent marker (Sharkies : Pens (Cold Steel Knives)) may be the best you could do.

In Washington you would be arrested and charged with unlawful possession of a firearm.
    (2)(a) A person, whether an adult or juvenile, is guilty of the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree, if the person does not qualify under subsection (1) of this section for the crime of unlawful possession of a firearm in the first degree and the person owns, has in his or her possession, or has in his or her control any firearm:
    (b) Unlawful possession of a firearm in the second degree is a class C felony punishable according to chapter 9A.20 RCW.

Blade length in Washington is limited to 3".

Leave your gun at home...it hurt to say that.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah that... sucks. Thanks for the info. Anyone know of any situations where a state may "let it slide" since I'm only going for 3 days (Seattle) or 1 night (Chicago)? Any exceptions?

Top Bottom