• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do a google search for FOOD GRADE BUCKETS

Plastic Tanks, Plastic Buckets, Plastic Bottles, Labware, PVC Pipe - United States Plastic Corporation ®

You will find sources for 3.5, 4.25, 5 and 6 gallon buckets. Make sure you only buy buckets that are FDA food grade certified if you want to put food stores in them. I personally recommend more smaller buckets than fewer big buckets because it allows you to better break up your food stores and the smaller buckets, when full, weigh less so are easier to handle. JMO

BE VERY CAREFUL OF HARDWARE STORE BUCKETS!!! Many of those are made from plastics that are not food grade/inert and should NOT be used for food storage.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    All so try groceries with deli's, my wife works at a Marsh and we get all the 5 gallon food grade buckets we want for free. You just have to clean them out a little.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I get them from the coffee houses here in downtown Lafayette. Unground beans and pickles (yes, pickles) come in five gallon buckets.

I use them for spent brass for reloading.:)

CoyoteCreekGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    New Palestine, IN
    Believe it or not, if you go to Walmart, into the paint department, there are 5 gallon buckets and lids. They are made by Encore Plastics Corp out of Byesville, Ohio. The buckets cost ~$4.50 and the lids are another ~$1.50.

Not knowing whether or not these were food grade, she called the company and they stated that all of their white buckets which are Plastic #2 are indeed food grade and are the same as the ones used for pickles, frosting, grain, etc.

So now there's no need to purchase from expensive websites and pay all kinds of shipping, just stop by Walmart and head over to their paint department.

Good Luck God Bless!

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Do you think there would be a problem using the buckets from menards, with the food being in vacuum sealed bags? That's what I've had for ages, with gamma seals.

Top Bottom