• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Now I have been trying to convince people around me to head down to Georgia/Alabama area and do some feral hog hunting. This is not well received seeing as how I don't hunt for anything else, except zombies (in my sleep) and the ever elusive dirt bag. That being said if you have had the chance to see "Pig Bomb" a documentary on the newest epidemic of feral hogs then you too would be obliged to hunt feral hogs.

Fact: it takes less than three weeks for an escaped domesticate hog to turn feral. Fact: a Hog reaches sexual maturity at only 6 months old. Texas is teaming with them
    I do not have the dogs to help hey up the pig, my wife is scared I or someone else will get hurt. Feral hogs are extremely intelligent and very dangerous. I just finished an AR build that is worthy of the hunt:rockwoot:

I just watched all those videos yesterday which put me in the mood to go after this hog I heard. There is nothing better than hunting while being hunted haha

AR you say?
    hunting in PA Video

Now my question is... where do I apply to do this???
    Hog Hunting Redneck Style Video

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    DNR Email

This is the response I got back from the DNR today regarding hunting Farel Hogs in Indiana. ALSO, I sent the Health Department an email to see if they have any public records or know of any places that have recently recorded reported sightings of Hogs. That we are more than welcome to take care of this devastating issue! mmmm bacon!

Dave -
    Thanks for webmail inquiry.
    Feral hogs are not a game species in Indiana. They are considered "vermin" and not wildlife so you can hunt them at any time with any firearm that you are allowed to legally possess. No license is required - there are no hunting seasons nor are there any regulations (e.g. to bag limits). If you hunt on private property, you must have a landowners permission to be on their land to hunt and you must not discharge a firearm from or across a public roadway.
    I have included the following information regarding Feral Hog Reporting from the 2009-2010 Indiana Hunting and Trapping Guide (page 12) which can be viewed in its entirety on the DNR Division of Fish and Wildlife website: www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/ …just click on the words Hunting Guide & Regulations - left hand side of the home page.
    Please feel free to contact me if you have questions, comments or concerns in the future.
    Patti

Feral Hog Reporting
    Populations of feral (or wild, free-ranging) swine have been a problem in pockets around the state. In addition to being a disease/predatory threat to Indiana livestock and poultry production, they are known to cause damage to crops and native plants and are detrimental to native wildlife and habitats.
    As part of a risk assessment program, BOAH asks hunters who spot or take a feral hog to report the animal to the agency. Reports help BOAH and DNR determine if additional census, disease monitoring and/or control steps are necessary.

Anyone who sees or takes a feral hog should call BOAH at (877) 747-3038 or email animalhealth@boah.IN.gov to report the approximate location, number, sex and estimated size of the animal(s).

Last edited:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    From hunting IN forum
    They are spreading but it is a relatively slow spread and mostly confined to river corridors. Your best bet of finding them would probably be to hunt as close to the E FK White River as possible. Every hog sighted or killed in this area that I have heard of has been within a mile of the White River.

Top Bottom