• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    we had a local farmer around here have about 10 or 12 get loose and we tried for about a month to catch them, by the end of the month they were completely different, i mean they got so so mean, so he told me and a few friends to go out and shoot them, he owned about 80 acress of woods and we went out one morning and split up i sat by a creek where we saw them a lot and one guy by this big mud hole, we each shot two and those were the only ones we saw, the other guy with us didnt see a thing, we tried for about two weeks after that and didnt see anymore, the farmer says he sees one every once in a while but i dont know i guess they could reproduce and start populating but id think it would take more than that to get a decent size population around here. but it was definately a cool experience

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Within a 5 mile radius of Leesville, IN there is no shortage of wild hogs.
    The trick is finding a farmer that will share his land, with a stranger

Not sure if this one is in Indiana?
    rosie.jpg

I can't imagine seeing that head mounted on a wall, gives me cold chills just to think about it. Brrrrr!

crmguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Sullivan
    My wife said she saw one dead on hwy 46 in Terre haute close to the new walmart, not saying I don't believe her but she also... well I better keep my mouth shut she might read this

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    We've seen them in Warrick Conty (Lynnville and Folsomville area). From what I understand they were brought in to hunt by a local guy several years ago and some of them escaped.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Called the DNR this morning to get the straight scoop from a Conservation Officer, and it is.
    The "ONLY" thing you need is landowner permission to hunt wild pigs in Indiana, any gun or bow is allowed.

He emphasized you should get "written" permission that states that the landowner has given permission for wild pigs/wild hogs.
    He said otherwise, you could be mistaken for a poacher by a C.O. and that would not be pleasant! His words.

There are wild pigs in south eastern Lawrence (Larry) county.
    A few years back a person was going to start a private game reserve, and imported some true wild Russian boars, one problem though, his fences did not hold them, and they have over the years mixed with domestic pigs, and now they are a real problem for farmers.
    Real problem!
    Talked to a farmer the other evening that swore there was a pack of 20 or more in his barn lot, and he wants them gone!
    He is my new friend, I guess we will see.

So other than getting permission from the land owner on private property, nothing else is needed? What about public property such as Morgan Monroe / Brown County Area? I heard quite a few while walking to the stand one morning... BOY DID THEY SOUND P**D OFF!

And according to this, you might want to try the White River :dunno:

Mystery Creature found on White River | Photos | WTHR

a45698c5-9988-4921-950b-e22b678f9945.jpg

Creature had washed up on the white river and was found while fly fishing on Thanksgiving morning. Creature had claws much larger than a dog, and predatory canines

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    So other than getting permission from the land owner on private property, nothing else is needed? What about public property such as Morgan Monroe / Brown County Area? I heard quite a few while walking to the stand one morning... BOY DID THEY SOUND P**D OFF!

And according to this, you might want to try the White River :dunno:

Mystery Creature found on White River | Photos | WTHR

a45698c5-9988-4921-950b-e22b678f9945.jpg

Creature had washed up on the white river and was found while fly fishing on Thanksgiving morning. Creature had claws much larger than a dog, and predatory canines

That creature probly started off as a dog then drank from the white river and mutated into......pig-dog :n00b:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Myself, 40Calpunisher, & JsHarmon7 are going next Wednesday and we're taking:

1- Bucket of nasty rotting fruit and produce and :poop:
    2- 12GA
    4- .40 Cal Glocks
    1- .357 Magnum
    1- Mosin Nagant
    1- .308
    and possibly a .460 Magnum

"We just want options"

Also... is this considered a weapon?

Hunter Kicks Wild Boar Video

I just contacted the DNR myself and they said they are considered a nuisance animal and can be taking 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, using any weapon, trap, poison, etc. The ONLY exception is you CANT shoot from the road obviously.

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I think you have to have the standard hunting license though.

Good luck.

Negative... you do not have to have a hunting license because there isn't a season to hunt them. They are considered a nuisance animal and can be taken anytime, with anything. I just contacted the DNR to make 100% sure and they told me the ONLY exception is, you CANNOT shoot one from the road.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

2- 12GA
    4- .40 Cal Glocks
    1- .357 Magnum
    1- Mosin Nagant
    1- .308

"We just want options"

Hunter Kicks Wild Boar*Video

I just contacted the DNR myself and they said they are considered a nuisance animal and can be taking 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, using any weapon, trap, poison, etc. The ONLY exception is you CANT shoot from the road obviously.

You guys are going to Lawrence county? Give us a report when you get back--even if you don't see any hogs, let us know if you saw tracks, scat, or other signs. I've had a DNR officer say he knows for a fact they are there.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

2- 12GA
    4- .40 Cal Glocks
    1- .357 Magnum
    1- Mosin Nagant
    1- .308

"We just want options"

Hunter Kicks Wild Boar*Video

That'll be fun out there bow hunting in full camo knowing a bunch of out of county yahoos who haven't hunted enough to even have a license are out there with there with more "options" than clues.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    That'll be fun out there bow hunting in full camo knowing a bunch of out of county yahoos who haven't hunted enough to even have a license are out there with there with more "options" than clues.

Thanks for your misinformed and unsolicited opinion Jack. We'll be sure to file that in the proper place :poop:. I'd say maybe we could meet up but you don't know us, where we are going, or when we are going. Not knowing, that seems to be a theme! :patriot:

Militarypol21

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Noblesville, IN

I know I have my license, and have HAD my license since the beginning of the hunting season, and have been down there deer/squirrel hunting numerous times this year so I'm not sure where you got your facts...:noway:

And unless you are hunting in the middle in of the night in your full camo carrying your bow in an area that is miles & miles & miles wide (not to mention, that is when the hogs are MOST active) I highly doubt we'll run into each other, but that is just my :twocents:

Thanks for your misinformed and unsolicited opinion Jack. We'll be sure to file that in the proper place :poop:. I'd say maybe we could meet up but you don't know us, where we are going, or when we are going. Not knowing, that seems to be a theme! :patriot:
    :+1:

On a side note:
    I think it's funny how deer hunters think they have priority over the woods during deer season and get pissed when someone who is squirrel hunting/ etc. comes walking by. There is a reason it's called PUBLIC Property because I have just as much of a right to be there as "John Doe" down the street.

You guys are going to Lawrence county? Give us a report when you get back--even if you don't see any hogs, let us know if you saw tracks, scat, or other signs. I've had a DNR officer say he knows for a fact they are there.

Will do! I know for a fact there is at least 1 down there. It was running around us squeling around 4am as we were walking to our deerstands. The area we are hunting is like a swamp so I have a pretty good idea one if not more are roaming the area. We will definetely report our findings though!

Last edited:

dmpxd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Feral Hogs

Now I have been trying to convince people around me to head down to Georgia/Alabama area and do some feral hog hunting. This is not well received seeing as how I don't hunt for anything else, except zombies (in my sleep) and the ever elusive dirt bag. That being said if you have had the chance to see "Pig Bomb" a documentary on the newest epidemic of feral hogs then you too would be obliged to hunt feral hogs.

Fact: it takes less than three weeks for an escaped domesticate hog to turn feral. Fact: a Hog reaches sexual maturity at only 6 months old. Texas is teaming with them
    I do not have the dogs to help hey up the pig, my wife is scared I or someone else will get hurt. Feral hogs are extremely intelligent and very dangerous. I just finished an AR build that is worthy of the hunt:rockwoot:

feral_hog_distribution_us.jpg

Top Bottom