• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    I have been wondering for a while now, where all the Americans have gone. Aside from the few (percentage wise) on forums like this, I believe they are gone. I was talking to the head of the American Legion last night about the prolonged detention bill the Senate passed a couple weeks ago I got the feeling he was far more concerned about the patches on his jacket looking good then the condition of our freedoms. It surprised me. But not to pick on him, virtually all the people I talk to, including current military, christian, intellect and working class do not care as long as they are not too inconvenienced and they can still take the boat up to the lake a few times a summer, even if it is a couple times less than last year.
    When the crap hits the fan and people are begging me for some water, food or ammo, I will reflect on the conversations we had and my response will be similar to theirs. Awww, your crazy, you don't need those things, it's gonna be fine. I just don't have time. Sorry.
    My hope is that there are enough of us left to make a difference and hopefully we will lose only the dead weight on society.
    I hope I have not offended anyone as that is not my intent. My hope is we will be ever more vigilant in purpose and continue to try and get through to as many as we can.

Gunner :ingo:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont know since im not American myself, maybe they are just not on the internet, because you dont see them or hear about them doesn't mean they are not there.
    As long as they vote they can make their voices heard that way, by voting.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I have been wondering for a while now, where all the Americans have gone. Aside from the few (percentage wise) on forums like this, I believe they are gone. I was talking to the head of the American Legion last night about the prolonged detention bill the Senate passed a couple weeks ago I got the feeling he was far more concerned about the patches on his jacket looking good then the condition of our freedoms. It surprised me. But not to pick on him, virtually all the people I talk to, including current military, christian, intellect and working class do not care as long as they are not too inconvenienced and they can still take the boat up to the lake a few times a summer, even if it is a couple times less than last year.
    When the crap hits the fan and people are begging me for some water, food or ammo, I will reflect on the conversations we had and my response will be similar to theirs. Awww, your crazy, you don't need those things, it's gonna be fine. I just don't have time. Sorry.
    My hope is that there are enough of us left to make a difference and hopefully we will lose only the dead weight on society.
    I hope I have not offended anyone as that is not my intent. My hope is we will be ever more vigilant in purpose and continue to try and get through to as many as we can.

Gunner :ingo:

You had me saying H3LL yeah right up till I hit the red spot, Americans need to stop apologizing for stuff we say and do; the PC'ness of this country now days sickens me, part of the rant you so beautifully stated is a lack of most Americans having "balls" we will not be great again until we ditch the deadweight and grow more balls

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    You had me saying H3LL yeah right up till I hit the red spot, Americans need to stop apologizing for stuff we say and do; the PC'ness of this country now days sickens me, part of the rant you so beautifully stated is a lack of most Americans having "balls" we will not be great again until we ditch the deadweight and grow more balls

Today's PC environment is a direct assault on free speech. We spend as much time explaining what we are NOT saying as we do actually saying it!

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Bleating sheep marching through the stockades don't worry about much either... Until they arrive at the executioner at the gate. By then, it's too late.

Be ever vigilant. Be ever prepared.

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011

The only people I hope I did not offend are the "good men and women" in the American Legion. Did not want good people thinking I was bashing them. Could not give a S*** who else I may offend. :D

Gunner52

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Bleating sheep marching through the stockades don't worry about much either... Until they arrive at the executioner at the gate. By then, it's too late.

Be ever vigilant. Be ever prepared.

I worked on a kill floor. It is weird how they know it's time and crap all over themselves but are perfectly content to chew cud up to that point.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The over-medicated, fluoridated, slack-jawed public is content watching their Reality TV shows while everything we hold dear is stripped away, and the foundations of fascism rise up all around them. And many who think they are awake are making excuses for some of the worst infringements of our rights. Welcome to 1984.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I worked on a kill floor. It is weird how they know it's time and crap all over themselves but are perfectly content to chew cud up to that point.

Sadly, not much different than our average citizen.

Be vigilant. Be prepared. Teach your family to do the same.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Too many people think that it couldn't happen here, but they are wrong. We are being lulled to sleep...

It isn't that people don't think it couldn't happen here...it's that, hold on, looks like Real Housewives of Atlanta is on. So where was I? OMG, a replay of an American Idol I haven't seen.

^^^ that kind of crap is the problem with far too many people. It isn't that they don't think it couldn't happen here. It is that they don't think much at all. If you think that sounds stupid or oversimplified, spend some time doing some people watching and actually try to listen to some of their conversations. I'm around younger (college aged) people pretty much daily and I've heard more talk about Jersey Shore, Glee, and the "reality shows" the viewing audience picks the winner than politics, the economy, the environment, or whatever issue (excluding gay rights and abortion issues). I've heard more reality TV talk in a political science class than anything having to do with the class.

The problem is, thinking is hard and takes up too much time that could be spent floating through life.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    It isn't that people don't think it couldn't happen here...it's that, hold on, looks like Real Housewives of Atlanta is on. So where was I? OMG, a replay of an American Idol I haven't seen.

^^^ that kind of crap is the problem with far too many people. It isn't that they don't think it couldn't happen here. It is that they don't think much at all. If you think that sounds stupid or oversimplified, spend some time doing some people watching and actually try to listen to some of their conversations. I'm around younger (college aged) people pretty much daily and I've heard more talk about Jersey Shore, Glee, and the "reality shows" the viewing audience picks the winner than politics, the economy, the environment, or whatever issue (excluding gay rights and abortion issues). I've heard more reality TV talk in a political science class than anything having to do with the class.

The problem is, thinking is hard and takes up too much time that could be spent floating through life.

AMEN

dlbrown75

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 90.9%
    9   1   1
    May 2, 2011
    Newcastle, IN
    Im only 36 years old, but I am well aware of the condition of this country and most peoples non-interest in our dwindling freedoms. I worry a lot about the kind of country my children are going tho have to grow up in. I too try and get people interested but most get the same response you have heard. Until trouble comes to some ones door they are more likely to worry about sports scores or what ever else it is they do to occupy their mind. The people in control have studied human psychology for decades and know exactly how to distract and manipulate the people. So, for the majority it will take a big personal event to wake them up as to what is happening. Dont worry about offending anyone, if someone is not helping take take back this country then they to are part of the problem and need to be offended. Keep talking about the problems to your friends and relatives, keep calling your congressmen. We can get our country back. Ron Paul in 2012!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    You know what WON'T help? Whining about it on here, preaching to the choir.......I suggest perhaps a more organized and directed approach? Why don't we list the organizations recruiting for the other side and praying upon the fence sitters, and divide into groups of say ten....assign each group a list of recruiting forums/online boards/social networks to join and infiltrate. I suggest groups of ten so that they can troll larger numbers of threads and lend each other supporting arguments while seeming to not even know each other...It may take this sort of approach to reach the people we need instead of crying on each others shoulders when we already believe and agree.

sorry to ramble, it just seems this may be a more effective "winning" approach?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You know what WON'T help? Whining about it on here, preaching to the choir.......I suggest perhaps a more organized and directed approach? Why don't we list the organizations recruiting for the other side and praying upon the fence sitters, and divide into groups of say ten....assign each group a list of recruiting forums/online boards/social networks to join and infiltrate. I suggest groups of ten so that they can troll larger numbers of threads and lend each other supporting arguments while seeming to not even know each other...It may take this sort of approach to reach the people we need instead of crying on each others shoulders when we already believe and agree.

sorry to ramble, it just seems this may be a more effective "winning" approach?

I've been a part of trolling teams before for other reasons (the scrapbooking forums hated us) but I'm not 100% sure that would be the way to go about this. Unless the people care about educating themselves, it'll fall upon deaf ears. The handful of people I've talked to that weren't sure where they fell politically were guys that spent time in the military and hipsters. They were actually receptive about the dialogue, others didn't really want to have the conversation. I do agree that trying to reach out some to get others thinking is a good thing but sending in groups to other forums might seem more like an attack.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've been a part of trolling teams before for other reasons (the scrapbooking forums hated us) but I'm not 100% sure that would be the way to go about this. Unless the people care about educating themselves, it'll fall upon deaf ears. The handful of people I've talked to that weren't sure where they fell politically were guys that spent time in the military and hipsters. They were actually receptive about the dialogue, others didn't really want to have the conversation. I do agree that trying to reach out some to get others thinking is a good thing but sending in groups to other forums might seem more like an attack.
    Okay, this IS war. IMO the beginning battles of WWIII. The same tactics they use against us....let's win or a change.

Top Bottom