• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Was searching for something this morning and was shocked by the difference in definitions. I Google things all day every day for all kinds of purposes. Someone had told me that the .gov had to change the definition of vaccine to make sure this new blend met the definition and I chuckled and wanted to pat them on the head but this morning this happened...the definition of Treason has been 'adjusted'

per Google: Treason - the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government. "They were convicted of Treason"

From Wikipedia: Treason is the crime of attacking a state authority to which one owes allegiance.[1] This typically includes acts such as participating in a war against one's native country, attempting to overthrow its government, spying on its military, its diplomats, or its secret services for a hostile and foreign power, or attempting to kill its head of state. A person who commits treason is known in law as a traitor.[2]

From DuckDuckGo: Treason (top search result, from the American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th edition)
    1. The betrayal of allegiance toward one's own country, especially by committing hostile acts against it or aiding its enemies in committing such acts.
    2. The betrayal of someone's trust or confidence.
    3. A betraying; treachery; breach of faith.
    The differences aren't subtle. Was the definition changed to make January 6th something it wasn't? I'm not a military person but I've never seen insurrectionists go to battle unarmed. If the narrative doesn't fit, are the definitions now changed to make it fit?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The differences aren't subtle. Was the definition changed to make January 6th something it wasn't? I'm not a military person but I've never seen insurrectionists go to battle unarmed. If the narrative doesn't fit, are the definitions now changed to make it fit?
    I can name several uprisings that were labelled treason that consisted of unarmed people.

depending on POV, the Hong Kong riots could be labeled an insurrection. So could the singing revolution in Estonia.

There are other ways besides the sword to overthrow governments.

Top Bottom