When someone asks if you have a gun, you say YES!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Funny thing... I honestly believe there is a member of MDA who read this article and immediately thought "SEE! Nobody needs a gun. Just tell them you're packin and they'll leave you alone." :lmfao:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    "When someone asks if you have a gun, you say YES! "

"No, but I have a certain set of skills...."
    !!!PUNCH!!!!! I go down in the middle of my explanation...

Last edited:

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I OC'd today...don't usually. I didn't feel like putting on the concealment vest. So...I figured that allowed me to carry more firepower instead of less because why not? This could be habit forming.

And in the knockout game...why wait for the punch?

"When someone asks if you have a gun, you say YES! "

"No, but I have a certain set of skills"
    !!!PUNCH!!!!!

Someone asks you a question, and you shoot or punch them? Guess who doesn't get to raise self-defense at his trial?

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Last week when I was in the grocery store check-out line, a guy in another lane kept bobbing/weaving looking at me weird through the racks of stuff and other lined up people. He looked vaguely familiar to me, so I said, "Do you know me from 'Busco?" He says (very boisterously) "Yeah! You're the lady from the gun store! ARE YOU PACKING RIGHT NOW??"
    :facepalm:
    I said, "If anybody really needs that answer...they'll get it."
    But I was waiting for security to follow me out...or at the very least a cop car waiting outside.
    Had that (similar inquiry) only once, and I responded with "I have no need of a weapon". Which is true.

On the other hand, I DO carry a 'defensive firearm'. Some times, verbiage makes a difference. :yesway:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Last week when I was in the grocery store check-out line, a guy in another lane kept bobbing/weaving looking at me weird through the racks of stuff and other lined up people. He looked vaguely familiar to me, so I said, "Do you know me from 'Busco?" He says (very boisterously) "Yeah! You're the lady from the gun store! ARE YOU PACKING RIGHT NOW??"
    :facepalm:
    I said, "If anybody really needs that answer...they'll get it."
    But I was waiting for security to follow me out...or at the very least a cop car waiting outside.

I was thinking about this last night. I was thinking about how I would respond. Then I was thinking about how snarky I could get without being nasty. And I thought of this exchange:

Goofball who can't keep his mouth shut: "Yeah, you're the lady from the gun store! ARE YOU PACKING RIGHT NOW?"
    JetGirl: "Good Gawd, no. I think guns are evil."

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Someone asks you a question, and you shoot or punch them? Guess who doesn't get to raise self-defense at his trial?

Possibly...too many factors to weigh in though. A group of 'people' are coming down the street. They are accosting everyone they come in contact with, robbing or assaulting...basically having a wilding. They see you and your lovely wife and come running. What are you going to do...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I was thinking about this last night. I was thinking about how I would respond. Then I was thinking about how snarky I could get without being nasty. And I thought of this exchange:

Goofball who can't keep his mouth shut: "Yeah, you're the lady from the gun store! ARE YOU PACKING RIGHT NOW?"
    JetGirl: "Good Gawd, no. I think guns are evil."
    Yeah... after the fact, I can think of a zillion things I coulda/woulda/shoulda said. But man, that just flabbergasted me.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Sometimes it's best to answer a question with a question,

"Do you have a gun?"

Don't you?

Yep, I've decided that's my response. It's directed though towards those people who are shocked by the idea. I decided it's a much more appropriate response than acting as if I'm afraid of people thinking I'm a "gun nut" or "crazy because I carry".

I thought of it from a friend of mine who used to carry his skydiving rig on commercial airlines. (his purpose was to keep the airlines from beating up his equipment). When another passenger said "What's that? A PARACHUTE??" he said "Yes, didn't they give you one?!"

I think that's the point that needs to be made to people who are ready to be shocked about the idea of carrying a gun. Of course, I don't want anyone to feel pressured into carrying. But OTOH we should be showing the truth about what it is to us: a means of self-defense. I wear a gun for somewhat the same reason I wear a seat belt or a bike helmet.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yup.

Also "Gat".

From an old Jimmie Rodgers song, updated to be sampled in an example of "gangstagrass" as heard on justified....

Guilty pleasure and confession.....I kind of like this tune....

[video=youtube;qyCrgQdXUb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyCrgQdXUb4[/video]

"You can take my hard boiled hat..
    But you'll never get from me..
    My silver- mounted Gat"

Top Bottom