• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I've never purchased a firearm before and don't know the etiquette, is there haggling at gun shows and gun stores?

Thanks

Do your homework before you go. Check internet prices so you will know what a good deal is or is not. Some will negotiate and some dont, but it never hurts to ask. The worst they can say is no lower price. The etiquette is to be mannerly and pleasant in your haggling, we all want the best deal we can get, but treating the vendors with respect will get you further than anything.:twocents:

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Does anyone know if there are many vendors with reloading supplies? I've been multiple times, but I didn't have a reloading press then, so I never really paid attention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Will all of the sellers with tables collect sales tax this time? Heard they were cracking down on that.

Some do, some don't. Generally speaking, gun shops that have a presence there tend to charge sales tax, just as they would at their shop. Some vendors state that tax is included in their prices, and if so, then that's up to them to settle up with .gov. Private sellers do not charge sales tax.

Bulldog49

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Anderson
    This will be my first show and I've seen people stating they are taking cash, so I'm wondering if all transactions require cash instead of credit cards?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Just like any business with thin margins, cash will get you a better price. Credit card service fees can get pretty high for these small shops.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Cash is always king.

Very true but a lot of the younger folks do not realize that fact anymore in the age of magic plastic cards with no limits. (thankfully cold hard cash is my favorite thing) Looking foreward to helping and seeing everybody at the 1500 stop by Brad's Knives tables and introduce yourselfs. I hope you are well enough to attend the 1500 Knife Lady!

Top Bottom