• ...and so much more!
  • Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    When is muzzling someone acceptable?

I am going through Youtube watching random videos right now, and came across one of Nutnfancy's videos. The camera guy is muzzled multiple times within the first :10 by the horizontally mounted, chest holstered pistol.

Why is this acceptable, but people are regularly chastised if they don't take the first 5 minutes of their video to show the weapon is safe and clear, no kids are in the house, there is an EMT on stand by, and that the weapon is again safe and clear?

I just recently watched another of his videos about body armor. He said he regularly wears body armor at the range because there is obviously a higher chance of getting shot accidentally. He then showed a clip where they were running a course, the shooter fell, and his muzzle was pointed in a bad direction.

:dunno:

I'm not looking to start a "Bash Nutnfancy Thread", it just happened I noticed this in his videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B-5SHpO4Mc[/ame]

That being said, this is one reason I have not gone the chest mounted or shoulder holster route for any of my pistols. It's a lot more difficult to muzzle someone when it's pointed at the ground and not to the side or behind you.

BigWagon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Greentown
    If nobody has their hand on the weapon, I don't consider it muzzling. I've walked in many gun shops and been to gun shows where many guns were pointed at me while being displayed and I never felt threatened unless someone had one in their hand.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    If nobody has their hand on the weapon, I don't consider it muzzling. I've walked in many gun shops and been to gun shows where many guns were pointed at me while being displayed and I never felt threatened unless someone had one in their hand.
    True, but the implication of being at a gun show and store are that they are not loaded (even though all guns are loaded). However, in this example the pistol has a cocked hammer and a magazine inserted.

Just my thoughts as I am just curious about this, especially with the **** storm going around about the rules violations in the Bloomberg ads. They claim the kids 25+ yards behind him are in danger, and the muzzle should be pointed down, but would that not be any different than the example I originally gave? If not safer?

Colarmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greater Fort Wayne Area
    The most legitimate complaint about the bloomberg ads' poor safety is that his finger seems to be on the trigger. At any rate, the gun is in his hands, which makes muzzle placement far more threatening no?

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    While I have noticed propensity for users of similar carry systems to be unaware of their muzzle orientation when drawing and reholstering, I do not consider the muzzle direction of a gun that is holstered or not being handled to be an issue. Furthermore, instances of guns actually going off on their own are incredibly rare.

Remember, The Cooper rules are universal rules of safe gun handling. If you are not handling the gun, then applying the rules is a misapplication.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    When I sit down with my keltec in the front pocket I sweep whoever is directly in front of me. I've never thought a bit about it since the gun is not going to fire by itself in the holster in the pocket.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    If it's in a holster and not in the hands then it's not muzzling.

:yesway: I agree.

To the OP:
    Just watch police officers when they arrest a suspect. When they kneel on the suspects back/neck their holstered gun can be pointing directly at the suspect's body. Would you consider that muzzling too?

Top Bottom