• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Thought i might as well add this .Pre model 18 combat master ,all matching #,and a period Bauer laced holster

About the same age as mine (although sometime back in the 1970's someone had it Armaloyed...) I put some stag on it and call it my "backyard BBQ gun"....You know, for BBQ's I want to show off for but do not feel the need for anything bigger than a .22....:)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Im facing the leather/kydex delima myself. I just purchased a Ruger Speed Six with the 2.75in barrel. I'm not sure if I want to buy a leather holster offline or have a kydex holster made.
    Rugers don't deserve any better than plastic...now pre-lock S&W revolvers, well, that's another story!:stickpoke:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Rugers don't deserve any better than plastic...now pre-lock S&W revolvers, well, that's another story!:stickpoke:

BBI and I have this little "chat" every now and again....:)

I just can't get used to Kydex holsters. The logical part of me knows they're not really going to harm my gun, but when it sounds like I'm sliding it into a sandpaper pouch it just makes me cringe.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Scored another piece of old Clark leather, it was marked for a 32-20 which worked out well for this Police Positive Special from 1929.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Great old Heiser holster sold by VL&A sporting goods of Chicago. One of the Capone armories, this one holds a Colt Army Special of similar vintage. VL&A was the Chicago distributor of Colt and other fine products of the day including the Thompsons used in the St. Valentines day massacre.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Old civilian version of the S&W 1917 with some period Heiser Leather. Observant movie buffs might recognize this as Indiana Jones revolver.

I like Colts, but do appreciate a good S&W Indiucky.;)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Old civilian version of the S&W 1917 with some period Heiser Leather. Observant movie buffs might recognize this as Indiana Jones revolver.

I like Colts, but do appreciate a good S&W Indiucky.;)

Well as a wise customer once pointed out while I was showing him a fine old Colt Official Police...

"Check it out...I know it's not a S&W but I like it...."

"Well if one is going to step down he should at least step down on to a pony....":)

Nice rig....Heiser had the best floral carvings out there IMHO........Subtle but elegant....Hard to explain but their not just "BOOM!" carvings but more subdued.....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Well as a wise customer once pointed out while I was showing him a fine old Colt Official Police...

"Check it out...I know it's not a S&W but I like it...."

"Well if one is going to step down he should at least step down on to a pony....":)

Nice rig....Heiser had the best floral carvings out there IMHO........Subtle but elegant....Hard to explain but their not just "BOOM!" carvings but more subdued.....

Only thing I like better than the Heisers are the old Clark holsters.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Only thing I like better than the Heisers are the old Clark holsters.

It's hard to do two tone leather well but they sure pull it off....That is beautiful leadeye....Excellent condition as well.....Looks comfy too...

It seems to have a spring sewed in it as well to secure the gun....That's some serious leathercrafting right there.....Very, very, very nice....

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I need a belt and holster for this. At least I have a hat.

ilk8bm.jpg

Top Bottom