• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • z56o2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy, Eagle Creek area
    How low do those waistband types hang? I was lookin at some of those and I wasn't sure how convenient using a urinal would be. I guess if had to be removed you could use the stalls, but like i said convenience?

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    David, I have a Smartcarry and like it very much - if I wear pleated pants, you can't tell I'm carrying at all, but I've carried a full-size Glock and a .38 snub-nosed revolver in the same Smartcarry (just for kicks) and nobody was the wiser..

Now, to convince the wife that pleated pants are okay... that's another story..

z56o2, a Glock 23 is a fine handgun - IWB can be done very easily and comfortably if you dress for it, which isn't THAT hard to do unless you're tightly regulated like I am..

Edit - Smartcarry use at a urinal is possible under a couple conditions.

I can do it if I'm wearing a little looser pant, just by having the holster shifted to the side. I can do it in jeans if it's a small sized smartcarry, but I'm not tall enough to do so with the medium or large sized smartcarry. There just isn't enough zipper.

In that instance, I just hit a stall, though.. no problem there!

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    How low do those waistband types hang? I was lookin at some of those and I wasn't sure how convenient using a urinal would be. I guess if had to be removed you could use the stalls, but like i said convenience?

Using the urinal is a bit more cumbersome with one of those.

Open fly
    push barrel of gun to the side
    do your business
    Straighten gun
    Close fly

I could do it with the 1911, but truth to tell, I just ended up using the stall most of the time.

Flip side was that I found waistband types significantly more cumbersome when using the stall.

You pays your money and you takes your choice.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Other options for deeper concealment include belly band holsters and conceal t's.

I don't have personal experience with either of those. I use an IWB most of the time (currently an Uncle Mikes, which I have some dissatisfaction with, have one by crossbreedholsters on order). When I need deep concealement, I use the Thunderwear, and when I'm open carrying (rarely at the moment) I've got a Gunmate hip holster that fits. (Fit of the gun is a major limiting factor for my choice of holsters.)

Hope this helps.

dclaarjr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Fremont, Ohio
    I have tried ankle and shoulder holsters.

I use an ankle holster when I carry a BUG, or when I carry in my work van. When driving it is very convenient to get to.

I like my shoulder holster in the winter as long as I am not going somewhere where I will have to remove my coat. It was uncomfortable at first, but I kept making small adjustments until it felt right.

My main carry rig is my Ruger P94 in a Desantis OWB holster at 4:00. with a good belt it pulls in tight to my side and I can cover it easy with an untucked button shirt hanging free in the summer.

Surculus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    K'ville
    I sew the right front pocket short on all my pants.A tee shirt hides the Kimber quite well.I have an elastic tube that slides over my belt & holds a mag.
    100_0248.jpg

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I also have an XD .45ACP. Is it easy to conceal?

Sorry, hadn't checked back on this post for a while. Concealing for me is wearing a jacket over it so I would say not very difficult;)

However, I do hear great things about the the Supertuck IWB holsters \/

I carry either XD45 serice or XD 9sc in a Crossbreed Supertuck on a Wilderness Instructors belt

or sometimes a G26

:patriot:

rodeoclown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Nick Mathews #1 SA 1911 GOVERMENT and mernickle ps6 RUGER P95 and psa6 RUGER VAQUERO 357 0R 44-40 with an unckle mikes belt.

mistergreentree

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Springfield XD 45 Service in a custom IWB leather rig in summer...winter is usually either a fobus paddle or shoulder rig. Keep the Ruger LCP on ankle, in pocket with clip or IWB clip when it feels necessary or can't carry the 45.

xd45in

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Knox County
    Sorry, hadn't checked back on this post for a while. Concealing for me is wearing a jacket over it so I would say not very difficult;)

However, I do hear great things about the the Supertuck IWB holsters /

The Supertuck is the most comfortable IWB holster I have found.Mark at Crossbreed is very easy to work with and no BS warranty.They also give a discount if you are a NRA member:yesway:

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    The Supertuck is the most comfortable IWB holster I have found.Mark at Crossbreed is very easy to work with and no BS warranty.They also give a discount if you are a NRA member:yesway:

Been using my crossbreed since I got it about a week ago, and so far I have been very impressed. I would like a bit more retention so I am debating following their directions or sending it back to them (they will adjust it free under their warranty!). I also ordered a belt from them I am impressed with though not quite as heavy as my Milt Sparks. They have excellent customer service as well. I will certainly recommend it at this point. I am using it with a beretta px4 subcompact.

~Poe

Top Bottom