• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bristol
    BTW, the badge on a cop's uniform is only a symbol of his / her authority, as well. Their actual "paper" stating their authority is the ID they carry, NOT their badge.

That's the exact same case as someone carrying a LTCH badge, their "authority" is on their "pink slip", and the badge is merely a symbol of that authority.

So, just like a et. al. badge.............

I think the big difference here is LEO, Firefighter, EMT, Corrections Officer, Parole Officer, Bailiff, etc. receives a badge with their uniform.

The CCW badge is purchased if you want it. Therefore, it does not even slightly compare to a "real" badge.

Just my :twocents:.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Another real life incident about these badges:

Road rage incident, two guys are yelling and exchanging words as they are driving down the road. One of them we will call douche #1 displays a handgun. Douche#2 proceeds to laugh and show his handgun. Douche #1 then displays a badge and Douche #2 thinks he is a cop so he starts to flee. Unfortunately for both of them someone else called in their bad driving and obvious road rage issue and both Douches were pulled over. Douche #1 ended up going to jail for displaying the handgun in a threatening manner and his badge was found to be one like is being discussed here. Douch #2 did not go to jail as he was displaying his in a defensive although a stupid manner.

The above story is why I dont like the badges, because EVERYONE I have ever seen with one was a wannabe that couldn't be because of the overtness of their douchness.

I personally don't care if someone has one or not, just don't act like a douche while having it.

This has been a public service anouncement........please return to your regular scheduled programming and necro-posting.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    I am definitely getting one of those badges for my best friend's birthday.

Best gag gift for a gun owner ever.

I can't imagine what would possess someone to carry (or display!) one of those stupid things.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    :laugh::laugh::+1:
    I like to carry mine on a chain around my neck while wearing a tactical vest with 10 extra mags and a personal gun-shot first aid kit strapped to it. with a HK USP in a thigh holster and a glock 22 in a shoulder rig, 2 openly carried J-frames (one on each ankle...that's right...over the pants), and one more BUG i keep concealed just in case the SHTF...Sometimes i forget to pack my LTCH with me since there isnt much room left for it, but that's ok cuz i have the badge
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What if you get a tattoo of the LTCH/CCW badge?
    Then you could wear it right next to your gun...

92%20Awesome%20Gun%20Tattoo.jpg

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    To me a badge is alot like putting a big double stack wing on a grand am! Can you do it you sure can and you look like a total D-bag in the process.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    There is one born every minute.

To part a fool and his money. If you make it someone will buy it. I don't need a badge to carry I have my pink slip.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Another real life incident about these badges:

Road rage incident, two guys are yelling and exchanging words as they are driving down the road. One of them we will call douche #1 displays a handgun. Douche#2 proceeds to laugh and show his handgun. Douche #1 then displays a badge and Douche #2 thinks he is a cop so he starts to flee. Unfortunately for both of them someone else called in their bad driving and obvious road rage issue and both Douches were pulled over. Douche #1 ended up going to jail for displaying the handgun in a threatening manner and his badge was found to be one like is being discussed here. Douch #2 did not go to jail as he was displaying his in a defensive although a stupid manner.

The above story is why I dont like the badges, because EVERYONE I have ever seen with one was a wannabe that couldn't be because of the overtness of their douchness.

I personally don't care if someone has one or not, just don't act like a douche while having it.

This has been a public service anouncement........please return to your regular scheduled programming and necro-posting.

Overtness of their doucheness FTW!! Funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Mind if I use it in conversation? And I also wonder if these are the ones who constantly apply for any open police officer position and keep getting turned down, month after month, year after year.

And I do also agree that the only purpose of a "CCW badge" is to separate the owner from money that could go to ammunition or bacon. A good gag gift if it's cheap.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    In addition to the doucheness factor I don't understand the logic over going through the trouble to conceal a handgun and then wearing a trinket that lets everyone know you are hiding a handgun.:dunno:

Top Bottom