• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I used to run 2 1/2 miles 3 or 4 times a week. At this point I probably couldn't even do 1/4 mile. Maybe if someone was chasing me. Or maybe if I was chasing someone...or something.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    10 miles so far; training for a September half-marathon.

Heck, you're there! 10 mile long run is all you really need to complete a half. Depending on your goals and fitness level, you have plenty of time to work on speed to make it a fast half! Which one are you doing?

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    I run 5-10 miles 3 times a week. The longest I've gone in one session was 13 miles ... but I had to get really good running shoes to do it.

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I can run about 3 before wanting to die.

My 70 year old father ran a >50 mile trail in the mountains without stopping and normally runs >20.

Of course he is also bat **** insane. My mother was always the voice of reason and wouldn't let him do more than a half marathon (he only started a few years ago), but since she passed away, he has gone off the deep end.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Because my uncle (51) just finished the Leadville 100 today. 100 miles, no sleep or rest, just water.

Whats even makes it more crazy is that it started at 10,000 feet and went up from there.

It took him 29 hours and 45 minutes. I don't think I can even stay awake that long.

I do believe that 100 mile would kill most men 40 year or older!!

My farthest is a Marathon in Lousiville KY when I came in right behind the lead female runner at 2:54:45
    Glory days.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I run 6-9 miles mon-fri every morning at 5am. Go to my college classes. Then weight train.
    12miles on sat mornings. Sundays off

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    8 miles as a heavyweight wrestler in high school (260-ish). paced myself, took about an hour. at that time, i could run 3 miles in about 19 minutes, not too bad for a fatty. now, a spinal injury has left me able to walk, but not much else.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wow! 100 miles makes my 26.2 seem like it's not worthy.

There is a lot more to that sentence than meets the eye. Though I think it's cool that people do the ultra distances, it doesn't impress me as much as the person who decides to get off the couch and begins to train by running to the end of the driveway. But everyday they go back out and eventually it becomes a mile, then 3, then one day they are towing the line at a marathon.

No matter how far people go with extreme sports, running 26.2 miles is still an awesome accomplishment and puts you at least in the top 5% of people who do attempt to run one.

26.2 miles is a long way.

Top Bottom