• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Because my uncle (51) just finished the Leadville 100 today. 100 miles, no sleep or rest, just water.

Whats even makes it more crazy is that it started at 10,000 feet and went up from there.

It took him 29 hours and 45 minutes. I don't think I can even stay awake that long.

JaCobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2013
    Warsaw
    The farthest I have ever ran was 3.5 miles in 24min...Just under 7min miles which is pretty mediocre compared with a cross country runner

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Back when I was dieting and trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I made it to the three mile mark. It almost killed me, but I made it. Shortly thereafter I had an epiphany. Some horses are born to run and some are born to pull a plow. I fall under the latter category.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my "Day" I ran 4 to 6 miles every morning before work and would do 6 to 8 on Saturday morning. Sunday was a no go day.

A serious ankle injury stopped all of that. Have not ran any distance or water skied since.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Those ultra marathon runner guys are freakin nuts. Like you say, just staying up for 29 hours is a challenge, nevermind running it the whole time, at altitude. They do take in more than water, by the way. But, yes, they're of a different mindset than the rest of us.

Here's a good blog post written by the winner of the Western States 100 this year: A Worthwhile Struggle: Timothy Olson?s 2013 Western States 100 Report

The farthest I've done is 16 miles while training for a marathon. Then I got hurt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    100 miles with only water is a good way to die. Hyponatremia is a serious thing in distance runners. Ask him again what he drank or snacked on.

my max was 14. It was fun to be in shape. Was.

I am right there with you on the "Was"
    Getting old is for the strong and brave....................;)

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I ran a half marathon once
    Johnny+Dangerously+5.jpg

Once​

Back in my Army days, I ran 3-5 miles, 5 days a week. Bad knee from a high school injury eventually slowed me down and a series of lower back injuries after I ETS'd pretty much made me quit running for 'fun' altogether. I still hike and am getting back on my bike again though.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Back when I was dieting and trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I made it to the three mile mark. It almost killed me, but I made it. Shortly thereafter I had an epiphany. Some horses are born to run and some are born to pull a plow. I fall under the latter category.

No epiphany for me. I've always hated to run.

I do think my longest mileage on a hotel treadmill was approaching three miles.

This endomorph wasn't ever meant to be a runner.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy
    Depends if you allow walking our your asking nonstop. I ran/walked the mini last year, but all at once the longest is 7.5 in an ROTC class in college. I'm trying to get back to that shape and weight....I guess I'm just staying positive and not really saying that it's that or bust. Well, on second thought it is, if I don't do something to lose weight then my pants will bust for sure! Ha-Ha!:(

Congrats to your SuperFocused Uncle!
    :rockwoot:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Couch to kitchen when I ran out of Cheetos.

21.097494 kilometers (13.1 miles)
    You realize that with significant figures, you're claiming you measured that distance down to the millimeter?

we parked 1.1 miles from the startline, ran all the way to it, and got there as they were going "10,9,8..." so I call it 14 :)
    So I guess you could say you had a… running start?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The farthest I ever ran was 18 miles, way back when I was in school. Back then one of my bigger goals, that I never accomplished, was to run up the Mt. Whitney switchbacks.

Top Bottom