• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ianreed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Williamsport
    i read a post by 45calibre asking wheter or not cabelas would come down in price and have heard that they wont. Now there was a sportsmans warehouse near me untill it closed recently and they would not adjust there prices. it never made sense to me even when i told them i could get the same gun or even the higher end model for less at other gun shops than the lower end at there store. Can someone please explain this insanity?

(needless to say the sportsmans warehouse closed here recently)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Prices set at the corporate office, no negotiation discretion given to the store manager. :dunno:

People are obviously paying the higher prices. As long as people are paying it, there's no reason to lower it.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I was in the local Gander Mtn. Castleton last week, and I overheard a customer attempting to "bargain" with the firearms dept. counterperson, I just laughed out loud right next to the guy when I heard "Is that the best price you can do on this" in Gander mountain of all places. After he looked a little disappointed by the lack of negotiation, I approached him and told him to drive 30 minutes and go see Bob at PSS if he wanted to get the same gun and save some money. I didn't even know what the gun he wanted was or what Gander Mt. wanted for it, but I somehow knew there was a better deal to be had....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've been given a few deals at Gander Mountain, actually...

In all honesty, I think that it depends on where the firearms come from. If they're NIB from a distributor, chances are very high that you aren't going to get a deal. If they were brought to that particular store by an individual to sell and/or trade...there MIGHT be some wiggle room.

And the longer a used firearm sits, the more wiggle room there is.

But any wiggling is up to the discretion of the department managers.

As danieloceal03 has said, though, chances are very good that you'll find better deals at other shops than at GM.

-J-

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yeah you really cant go to a place that sells a box of 9MM for $69.99 and expect them to do a little wiggling. Just go to your local gun shop where it'l be cheaper and more friendly.

Eprobertson1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Lawrence - Northeast
    I have had a few good deals with Gander Mountain. They do sometimes put the wrong prices on the used guns. I purchased a single action pistol from them for $175 and the correct price for the pistol should have been around $325. You do have to shop them and know what you're looking at.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Thats why I miss Galyans, they could always make a deal. There use to be a place called Jumbo Sports by where the Fry's is now. They were the best. You could walk in with a catalog from Midway,Natchez,Cheaper than dirt or anyone else and they would match the price on anything, even ammo. I paid around $75 for a red dot scope that they wanted $150 for just because I found it in a catalog. They was pissed but honored the lower price. Guess thats why they ain't around anymore.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Thats why I miss Galyans, they could always make a deal. There use to be a place called Jumbo Sports by where the Fry's is now. They were the best. You could walk in with a catalog from Midway,Natchez,Cheaper than dirt or anyone else and they would match the price on anything, even ammo. I paid around $75 for a red dot scope that they wanted $150 for just because I found it in a catalog. They was pissed but honored the lower price. Guess thats why they ain't around anymore.

It was actually called Indianapolis Sports, I used to work there. And also, it was in the building that the Kittles Clearance stuff is in.

Yes, great place to shop. Too bad they are no longer here. Trivia question - what was the store that was originally in the Fry's building?

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Trivia question - what was the store that was originally in the Fry's building?

It was some big deal electronics store but I don't remember the name (Incredible Universe?). Then it was a used car place I don't remember the name of either. I'm bad with names.

On the subject of Gander Mtn., I bought a used CZ 40B from them about a year ago for $169. Obviously priced wrong. That was when I discovered they walk firearms purchasers to the door before handing them their gun. That kinda kills it for me regardless of the price.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It was an Auto America after Incredible Universe closed. Geez, Auto America closed before I moved to Indiana and even I knew that. :):

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    the mod. 52 winchester i got at at gander mtn. came down 50.00 after calling someone on the phone.same thing on a traditions pursuit nickel ,that front sight was broke.i got it for 125.00.shame there people belong in a garden center or something other than sporting,alot of misinformed people leave that place.i dont even need to mention prices.i just got lucky a couple times

Top Bottom