What's On Your Current "I Want It!" List?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    You need BOTH
    The 4 makes more sense, but the 5 seems like such a beast im more interested in it. In reality I'd have a hard time using a 100$+ knife as a hard-duty anything unless I really had to. I'll probably opt for the 4 first when the time comes.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I still want a 4 with the blade thickness of a 3.

Every once in a while I take my 5 out to the woods just to **** **** up. I’ve cut down 5” thick dead trees and split wood with that thing.

An ESEE 4 ground from 1/8" stock would be an awesome tool.

The 4 makes more sense, but the 5 seems like such a beast im more interested in it. In reality I'd have a hard time using a 100$+ knife as a hard-duty anything unless I really had to. I'll probably opt for the 4 first when the time comes.

So now we need to guide you into understanding that $100 isn't that much for a knife. Think of it this way: if you own and use it for 20 years, you get great tool for $5 per year.

Also consider that an ESEE (and better knives) may cost a little more, but they're also more capable of being used hard and provide good service for many years.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    3’s, 4’s, 5’s? Everyone KNOWS you need a 6, and attach it to your Junglas sheath! If you must have a 3, attach it to the 6’s sheath, and attach an Izula to the 3. 22lbs of ESEE goodness!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    So now we need to guide you into understanding that $100 isn't that much for a knife. Think of it this way: if you own and use it for 20 years, you get great tool for $5 per year.

Also consider that an ESEE (and better knives) may cost a little more, but they're also more capable of being used hard and provide good service for many years.
    I haven't been huge into knives in the past. I've got a CRKT M16 blade I carry religiously, and its done well for me. For some reason I've found it easier to justify guns than knives, IDK why... I use my knife quite a bit, and I don't generally lose things, so it might be time for an upgrade!
    My Karambit interest was recently sparked by watching youtube videos of Doug Marcaida, but that may need to be put on hold. ESEE makes some sexy looking knives, I could stare at their website all day.

Every once in a while I take my 5 out to the woods just to **** **** up. I’ve cut down 5” thick dead trees and split wood with that thing.
    If there was ever a glowing recommendation for a knife, this is it! Haha. Whether it is the best "fit" for me or not, I know I need one.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I saw this in the classy's. I pondered. I ignored. I said screw it...........ZT0121. nice little fixed blade built like a tank.
    iHmjHd0.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I want a Frontier Valley (LT Wright or Battlehorse, doesn't matter which), but ground from 3/32" stock instead of 1/8". My Frontier First (LT Wright) is just a little too thick at 1/8" for the size it is and it's utility.

Here is what a Frontier Valley & its li'l bro' the Frontier First look like:

lt-wright-frontier-valley__91931.jpg
    lt-wright-frontier-first__93005.jpg

My Bark River Mini Kephart is ground from 3/32" stock with a full convex grind and it is SWEET. The same thing with a Frontier Valley . . . oh, man. The pic is from the Knives Ship Free web site. Mine has natural Micarta and no liners with hollow pins.

mini-kephart-3v-green-canvas-micarta-toxic-liners-hollow-229.95__67701.1489784991.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I want a Frontier Valley (LT Wright or Battlehorse, doesn't matter which), but ground from 3/32" stock instead of 1/8". My Frontier First (LT Wright) is just a little too thick at 1/8" for the size it is and it's utility.

Here is what a Frontier Valley & its li'l bro' the Frontier First look like:

lt-wright-frontier-valley__91931.jpg
    lt-wright-frontier-first__93005.jpg

My Bark River Mini Kephart is ground from 3/32" stock with a full convex grind and it is SWEET. The same thing with a Frontier Valley . . . oh, man. The pic is from the Knives Ship Free web site. Mine has natural Micarta and no liners with hollow pins.

mini-kephart-3v-green-canvas-micarta-toxic-liners-hollow-229.95__67701.1489784991.1280.1280.jpg

:thumbsup:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    CM, become a member of Blade Forums and peruse their classifieds. I'm just fortunate that I'm not quite sure of all the rules over there and haven't bought anything because of it.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Love to buy but can't justify a BRK Bravo-1. Already have two original Effingham Blackjack Trail Guide's, as well as a dozen other hunting specific knives.

Top Bottom