• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Winchester 69 1935ish or my Winchester 62a, can't decide. The 69 was only made maybe 2 years. It cocks when you close the bolt, the later 69a cocks when you open the bolt.
    Winchester 69 here, I think they also changed the safety on the 69A

Last edited:

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Remington 513T made in November of 1942 marked US Property. Got it through the CMP. Current value is all over the place but off hand price in today's market would start at well over the the $500 mark. Have a Remington 40X in .22LR that was made in 1959 and is a tack driver. The price now on that would be anyone's guess, but it wouldn't be cheap.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This is a Marlin No. 29 passed down to my father by his uncle and now mine. I just got it back from a local gunsmith who refurbished it mechanically. It's pretty rare since it has a Winchester barrel which was added to it back in the day. It is .22 LR caliber and has a Marble buckhorn rear sight and a "gold" bead front sight. My great uncle rode with Black Jack Pershing in Mexico in the early 1900's. After he mustered out of the cavalry, he was quite the outdoorsman.
    J5Bmzxz.jpg

j8V4uBm.jpg

BKbWYwX.jpg

KBjct0r.jpg

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have a priceless .22 single shot of unknown manufacturer.
    It was purchased for $3 by my father (with an additional $1 added by his father) in 1928.

There is no other like it, being the only firearm my 7 year old father carved his initials into.

It sits in the back of my safe in it’s brown patina glory. Occasionally removed when I need to be reconnected with my dad.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Remington 513T made in November of 1942 marked US Property. Got it through the CMP. Current value is all over the place but off hand price in today's market would start at well over the the $500 mark. Have a Remington 40X in .22LR that was made in 1959 and is a tack driver. The price now on that would be anyone's guess, but it wouldn't be cheap.

I, too, have a Remington 513T but with only the standard Remington markings. It has a fixed power Weaver 4x scope but I also have the original rear fixed sight. It is a hand me down from my father. The gun will shoot MOA all day at 50 yards. I value my gun as priceless !

wdan5906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Early 1900s .22 cal bolt rifle

I have a C. J. Hamilton & Son of Plymouth, Michigan No. 43 .22 cal. L & S single shot bolt action rifle.
    It is very rough condition but the bore is clear with decent rifling.
    I have fired it a few times with .22 shorts. Patent date on barrel is Oct. 30, 1900 - Aug. 9, 1910.

Ash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Mine is a 1950's vintage BRNO Model 4 22 LR Target Rifle.
    I would like to pick up a few extra apertures for it, and possibly the rear receiver-peep sight to use instead of the mid/leaf sight. Right now it has a small Weaver scope on it. I need to take it out punch some holes sometime again.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think I am going to have to get one of those old Winnie pump octagon barrel rifles next...
    One guy at the New Albany gun show had a whole table full of 'em. If you are old enough, they take you back to the old shooting gallery days!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think I am going to have to get one of those old Winnie pump octagon barrel rifles next...

I picked up a Remington Model 1912 at the last Louisville show. It's a round barrel, but it was about a fourth of the price of the Winchesters. Those have really gone crazy in the past few years.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I picked up a Remington Model 1912 at the last Louisville show. It's a round barrel, but it was about a fourth of the price of the Winchesters. Those have really gone crazy in the past few years.
    Yeah, I know. Wish I had bought what I wanted a few years back. I had to overpay to get a really nice 62a a couple years ago. But I have it along with a 1906. So why not get a 1890 model...

SteelDude91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2018
    NWI
    Stevens Favorite.
    It's a falling block .22lr and simply a joy to shoot, for such an old and abused rifle the rifling is still fairly crisp and the action is tight.

Top Bottom