• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I'm looking to buy a thrower. Would like one that can load say 20 or more, is dependable and that you don't need a degree from MIT to figure out. Anyone have some opinions on ones that are :yesway: and ones :noway: to stay away from.
    I did a search and did not find anything so if I missed it point me to the tread.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    My buddy has a champion 12 volt model. It works great you can get an extention and put like 50 targets in it. Trows great very little to no breakage out of the trap. The only draw back is he did not get a wobbler so it just throws to the same spot. We rigged up some wheels on it and one guy just manually wobbles it and throws the target the other shoots.
    We just run it off a boat battery you can go all day on a charge.

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Dunhams Sporting goods has some that a re pretty decent, (I think its called Arial Assult) They go on sale all time. We have shot probally shot well over 3000 birds our of it with only a couple small details.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    My dad has had an Atlas for a long time, it's an older model, before they went with Stainless Steel, but it stil throws like new. It was over $1000 when new, but over 10 years, a real good investment. Try a local trap or skeet range, you can buy one at the same time they buy the big units, and save cash. Dad bought his (a demo unit) at the Grand when it was in Ohio.

I'll see you in Sparta!

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Thanks everyone for the replies. Very much appreciated. :)
    I am following up on the models you have posted. I saw in the previews of the black friday ads two throwers will be on sale so checking those out as well.

I have a nice Western thrower with clays for sale if you are interested. Fort Wayne

PM you for more info.

I got a pretty good arm on me. and the wife can hold targets for ya.:D

I'll keep that in mind.:):

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    My neighbor has the Do-All White wing automatic trap that he got at Gander Mountain. It holds about 30 clays well and works great. We hook it up to a car battery and then tie that to the battery on a truck. That keeps the battery charged and us shooting for hours. We have had a couple jams but it is from shooting really cheap clays that were missed on the first time around. It runs about 400 and is a good deal to keep shooting for hours.

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    I wanted to thank everyone that posted and PM'ed me.
    After going through all the options and with what funds I had to spend I was on the fence with the Champion and Do All. I found that Natchez has the Champion Easy Bird for 339.95 with a free Trap Taxi and Cabelas has the Do All White Quail for 399.99 with a free remote kit.
    So after some thinking I pulled the trigger and went with the Do All. The remote kit I thought I would appreciate more. Just hope the wife thinks so when I tell her.
    Thanks again for the input.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Our club bought a doall 12v powered thrower, It took 3 of them to get one that runs, during the finicky adjustment of the thing it tripped with all the safety's on and cost be 5 stitches in my right hand

I can't tell you a good one but I know I would never buy a do all again

Brimaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    Lake County / Eagle
    Our club bought a doall 12v powered thrower, It took 3 of them to get one that runs, during the finicky adjustment of the thing it tripped with all the safety's on and cost be 5 stitches in my right hand

I can't tell you a good one but I know I would never buy a do all again

Well, I hope they improved the design on the models they make. It's suppose to arrive next week so I'll see then. Thanks for the heads up.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    besides the busting me up thing

the Arm is very senstive to any bends and the construction of it make it very easy to bend.

The rubber lip on the throwing arm wears and make it difficult to maintian consistancy,

On 1 of the ones we sent back the limit switches died.

I hope they have improved

If the company had integraty and finacial stability they should recall all their early models

What I saw was some good intentions and designs and then to "compete" they shipped the design over to china and believed the B.S. that the manufacturer could turn out a good product.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Like X10, I bought the Do-ALL. First one lasted a couple of shoots and the clutch fell apart. They replaced it (original red model) New one had the feature of reversing to de-cock it and a plastic hose hoop to guard the area where the arm swung. The clutch went out of it. They replaced it with another (white painted one) It's still working but I've only used it a few times. When they are set right they work wonderfully. They are finicky to adjust. The company stands behind the product and I'm proficient at setting and adjusting them now!
    With clear 20/20 hindsight, I'd look at a different product.

Top Bottom