• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • YoungGunLover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Ok guys, been thinking of this question since I read the article on the Dutch Biker group who have managed to send a few members to Iraq to fight ISIS. (Link below in case you haven't read it.) In a few articles I've read they mention they are with their AK's helping the Kurds.

So lets play Rambo here boys. What rifle would you take if you were gonna pack up and head over there. For our armed forces who are actually doing this, God Bless You and I do not mean any disrespect to you by talking about this. You are braver men than a lot of us. But for us who are computer warriors, lets chat it out. The parameters are:
    1. Lets assume you could buy guns at the prices the gov't would buy at (because eventually you'd know a guy who knows a guy :rolleyes:)
    2. It can be a rifle you went to the LGS and pick up on your way out or something unique and hard to find.
    3. Lets not start posting how you'd take a B-2 with a nuke and win the whole war (why do those guys always seem to show up? :dunno:)

If I were to head out, Id really be wanting something in 30 cal. Id have a hard time not taking something along the lines of the SIG716 patrol or the like. Its black, its beautiful, and it shoots .308. What more could you ask for? And as a sidearm I'd probably load out with a G17 or HK USP.

So there you have it. Not really many limitations on what you could choose, so have at it boys.

Also, we can discuss this too. Would we, or the dutch bikers, be bound by the Geneva Convention and not be allowed to use expanding projectiles? Even with that a law, I would be hard pressed not to use hallow points agains ISIS. It could also affect the caliber I would be willing to use.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ng-joins-the-fight-against-the-islamic-state/

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just to be sporting I'd approach like a video game. Drop me in the desert with a knife. I'll take out a sentry and steal his sidearm. I'd use the pistol to take out someone with a rifle and go from there, upgrading along the way.

But in all seriousness, I'd probably go with an AK since that's what the militants would likely be using. I would be picking up ammo along the way since I doubt we'd have the support of the U.S. military to keep us supplied.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd want to take whatever I could have the most plentiful access to ammo and spare parts. I'm guessing that would be an AK. Sidearm? I'm not sure what the preferred sidearm and/or caliber would be over there but again, I'm guessing it would be something in 9mm. The last position I'd want to be in is having some cool hotness from a LGS and have something that would take ammo I'd have to go searching for.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I'd want to take whatever I could have the most plentiful access to ammo and spare parts. I'm guessing that would be an AK. Sidearm? I'm not sure what the preferred sidearm and/or caliber would be over there but again, I'm guessing it would be something in 9mm. The last position I'd want to be in is having some cool hotness from a LGS and have something that would take ammo I'd have to go searching for.
    :+1:

My first thought was too take some kind of big 'Merican gun but ammo would probably be hard to find.

AK would be best bet IMHO.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Traveling would have to be by air, and you would have to make entry into that part of the world through an airport and customs, so taking a gun with you would pretty much be a no go. On the other hand, why go through the time and trouble of taking a semi auto with you, when most everything you would have available on arrival would be full auto. Most likely I would be packing as much cash as I could get away with and purchase what I wanted in country for way less than it would cost to take it with me.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nothing. As pale as I am I would use the intense desert sun and reflect it off my pasty Irish ass directly into their eyes to mark the target. Then I would get the hell out of there because the B2 with the nuke would be on its way

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    An AK for a long gun and a handgun chambered in 9x19 or 7.62x25 and a large knife and tomahawk. reasons: ak in the ME is a no brainer, I remember my cousin saying the found alot of 9x19 7.62x25 and 7.63 mauser ammo, and they are part of a blade culture the locals respect them.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    If I were going, I'm drilling the 3rd hole and putting the original trigger parts back in my AKs. I'm not taking tactical LGS stuff into a warzone. Those prized ARs are not going to last very long in the desert because that environment will beat the hell out of your weapon. You are not going to find ammo to feed it or have time to keep it properly clean.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    Well I would probably have

-Two ar-500 rifleplates /w carrier
    -Chicom chest rig
    -Probably my Polish AKMS or a similar gun
    -some kind of ballistic helmet
    -My Bulgarian Makarov
    -Blowout kit

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Whatever I could liberate their miserable brains withe from the farthest distance as possible. A suppresed Barret M82A1 with some real nice glass comes first to mind :patriot:.

YoungMilsurpGuy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    Crown Point
    And there would be no Geneva convention stipulation to use FMJs against ISIS as they are not a recognized state or army, nor would I think representatives of ISIS would lodge a complaint at the Hague if you did

With that in mind, I would use Ruski 8m3 hollowpoints in my AK, its just a really nasty round

speaking of foreigners in the middle east conflict, here is a video of two LA Cholos who evidently ended up fighting for the Assad reigme

[video=youtube;v2Ogt9FWgIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Ogt9FWgIs[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom