What would you do if someone tried this?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tj_v89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    So because the ATF "ran some tests" and concluded you can turn an airsoft piece of plastic into a full operational "military grade" machine gun, we are suppose to believe them??? OKAAAAYYY, whatever.....Now when the ATF agent says "anyone coming out their front door with a weapon looking like this will be in trouble", he may be onto something there.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On another note-- I wonder what the legal implications would be if someone shot him with a real gun in self defense. If it went to court, could someone argue that since the person who shot in self defense was familiar with guns that they should have known better? I dont know and I hope that a situation like that would never arise.

What happens depends on the police, if they charge you.
    The District Attorney, if he instructs the police to charge you.
    The jury, if they believe an average person had reason to believe their life was in danger.
    The Defense Lawyer, because he may be such an idiot, that you are not represented well.
    etc.

JustAMom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    If we are talking about an air soft, Have you ever dropped one of those on your foot? Could brak a toe! He could have hit her with it. Also, if the place was closed, how did he get in?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Just because what he has in his hands is a toy doesn't mean he's not carrying a real one as well as backup. Clearly the toy worked and maybe he just wants robbery instead of armed robbery if he can pull it off?

I wouldn't joke with the guy. Just assume it's real and draw.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I've seen where some in the urban areas have gone to putting orange rings on the end of their actual weapon in hopes that if seen it is dismissed or that it might cause someone to take that extra moment to give them an edge!

A couple of documents from a case where a real AK47 had an orange tipped barrel.

http://www.kwikrnu.com/Embody v War...district court haynes final order 7-20-11.pdf

http://www.kwikrnu.com/Embody v Ward/ward appeal brief 11-28-11.pdf

http://www.kwikrnu.com/Embody v Ward/Gura saf amicus brief for embody ward 12-5-2011.pdf

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom