• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OZZY.40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Camby
    I live in Knox Co. When the new Duke plant at Edwardsport goes on line next year my rate will increase around 20%.

Last news I heard from there was Duke wanted to raise the rates of the customers to offset that project that has went WAY over budget, but the IURC would not let them. The main reason for the would be hike was so the primary shareholders would get a 14% return on their money, guess they will have to settle for less!:(

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Makes you wonder what they're going to do to offset the union voters and keep them happy.

Yeah but I think that most of these Mills use Blast Furnaces and that is mostly Natural Gas which has gotten cheaper. Its the electrical mini-mills that will go broke.

I believe that some of Indiana's steel mills consume $1,000,000 per day in energy costs (not just electricity). Such an energy-intensive process will be very vulnerable to dramatic increases in production costs.

I would be hard for me to believe 1 Million a day, unless its the big boys up by Chicago.....But as above they are blast furnaces not Electric Arc Furnaces.

1 Million a day is a bit high for a mini-mill which has about 1/4 the output of the Blast Furnaces...1/2 a million a day in MWhrs. At 0.30kWhr, these plants would shut down because US plants could no longer compete but maybe that is Obamas goal..

Top Bottom