• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I heard about that a while ago from a buddy who was formerly with them. What a cluster ****.
    I hope whatever the beurocrats choose for the troopers it's something great for them. They deserve the best.

Normal life span of Agency firearms is 5-7 years. I k ow NUPD got support from S&W long after S&W discontinued the 3rd Gen 5946 NYPD was allowing. Same with CHP and LAPD 3rd Gen 5906,4026/06 and 4500 series.

From some circles within ISP not sure Glock is an option. They were soured with Glock on stuff from the 40 cal debacle through the 17 into the 21’s before Sig.

My prediction they will piggyback on DNR and go with a Sig 320 in 9mm with a Red Dot but we shall see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I used to have a neighbor that was senior ISP and remember him talking about how the Glocks didn't perform well. I'm in the P320 in 9mm camp as to what they'll choose next.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    DNR issues 320s and optics?
    Yes since I believe mid 2021 they went away from Sig 220 in 45 and did Sig 320 9mm full size with Red Dot.

Below is from their fb page a while back.

Attachments

• E1742F76-F546-4C06-9B12-98C74E99E4A1.jpeg
      E1742F76-F546-4C06-9B12-98C74E99E4A1.jpeg
      156.5 KB · Views: 23
    • 405D6226-6074-4D16-8D41-C41B3E70B2E7.jpeg
      405D6226-6074-4D16-8D41-C41B3E70B2E7.jpeg
      110.6 KB · Views: 23

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Always wondered why they police in indiana don't standardize their weapon. For magazine, part and ammo interchangeability. Our local city and county carry completely different firearms. County carries xd's in .45 cal while the city carried glock 17s. Makes no sense to me.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Always wondered why they police in indiana don't standardize their weapon. For magazine, part and ammo interchangeability. Our local city and county carry completely different firearms. County carries xd's in .45 cal while the city carried glock 17s. Makes no sense to me.
    That ammo and parts and mags interchangeableabiity is only important for a specific agency. And only for consolidation of manual of arms training and buying parts, servicing said guns and same caliber for buying well one caliber.

And not sure if you were directing there but having folks in same caliber mag for swapping in battle just isn’t a probability in a LE shooting. Yes we can quote the Bank of America shootout however that’s about the only one in almost 30 years.

Military applications makes total sense

The difference in issued firearms between LE Agencies will continue to be different. Wether caliber , make or both. (And cost plays in there at times)

Basically who’s in charge or who runs their firearms program gets to pic.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    That ammo and parts and mags interchangeableabiity is only important for a specific agency. And only for consolidation of manual of arms training and buying parts, servicing said guns and same caliber for buying well one caliber.

And not sure if you were directing there but having folks in same caliber mag for swapping in battle just isn’t a probability in a LE shooting. Yes we can quote the Bank of America shootout however that’s about the only one in almost 30 years.

Military applications makes total sense

The difference in issued firearms between LE Agencies will continue to be different. Wether caliber , make or both. (And cost plays in there at times)

Basically who’s in charge or who runs their firearms program gets to pic.
    Definitely see your point. But just seeing g it here its usually a county officer on at night and then the state or the city will have to send someone to back them up. And the off chance things go sideways none of those 3 groups here can swap mags. But thats also just in my area

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Definitely see your point. But just seeing g it here its usually a county officer on at night and then the state or the city will have to send someone to back them up. And the off chance things go sideways none of those 3 groups here can swap mags. But thats also just in my area
    That’s what I am saying. That “off chance” just isn’t in the probabilities.

Like when people complain a rear sight needs to be flat edged to hook for “one hand slide manipulation “ that just isn’t in the probabilities and doesn’t happen. Again yeas we could point out the Miami FBI shootout and like changing your tire everyone should k ow but some folks get fixated on the wrong thing.

As far as agency stuff I will say as an Agency Instructor if your agency is like most with minimal attention to firearms training you want something simple to use. Unless you are in a special team most don’t have any further training just the state mandated qualification and that is simply a safety and passing a test with minimum standards.

Why most don’t general issue Staccato 2011’s. (Although US Marshals SOG went to Staccato 2011’s about 3 years ago but if they aren’t shooting they are tracking bad guys)

If you are lucky you get supplemented with actual Training from vehicles stress courses, Bakersfield drill type proficiency stuff etc.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I want to start off by saying that I have not seen nor have I heard any rumors, I just got to wondering. Not knowing what the typical lifespan of a law enforcement firearm is, now that Sig has stopped manufacturing the P227, I wonder what ISP will adopt as their standard firearm next? Again, I've not heard anything, just wondering out loud, so to speak.
    Taurus G3c

Probably go with what many others went with.
    A version of the P320.

I wonder if any law enforcement agency has or will go with the P365 Macro?

I hope they allow the local shops to sell the P227's to Hoosiers

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Taurus G3c

Probably go with what many others went with.
    A version of the P320.

I wonder if any law enforcement agency has or will go with the P365 Macro?

I hope they allow the local shops to sell the P227's to Hoosiers
    I agree, I'm hoping to snatch a retired ISP P227 when they hit the market.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    You’re right, XDs for duty use make zero sense.

:):

Also, if you burned up all your ammo, didn’t hit anything and need another mag, what makes you think I’m gonna give you one of mine?

Top Bottom