What were you doing on september 11 2001?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I had a job interview that afternoon. I was sitting in the living room watching TV when the first plane hit. I hung out for a bit and watched the second plane hit, and was absolutely enraged. I had a couple friends with Cantor Fitzgerald.

Then I watched the buildings fall, and knew in my heart that my friends were dead. This was when I called and rescheduled the interview.

Then I got to watch the celebrations around the world, as tens of thousands danced in the streets celebrating the deaths of my friends and countrymen. There are not sufficient words in the English language to relay the amount of hatred, loathing and anger I felt towards the entire Middle East and all of Persia when I saw those videos.

Those feelings remain entirely unabated to this day.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was in my office getting ready for the daily meeting when one of the electricians walked by and said something like "the b@$tards just hit (or bombed) the WTC in New York". I didnt know what he was talking about, so I started searching the web and found out soon enough.

Spent most of the rest of the day at work watching stuff online in my office, or listening to the radio with the electricians and mechanics.

I do remember going out for lunch and a lot of gas stations had raised prices already, and there were lines starting to form. I drove around after work to fill up and there were lines everywhere and high prices. Pretty pathetic.

GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I was stationed in Twenty Nine Palms ,CA and we had just came in from the range doing qualls. 9-12-01 I was on a ship and by the end of the month I was in Asscrackistan.

TheLoneRaider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Phoenix
    I was living in Stockton CA at the time and was up making breakfast. My wife was at work in a federal building that happens to be the tallest building in Stockton. I called her and said come home now and tell the boss to turn on the news. The building was evacuated asap.

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This is what I posted a few days ago.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/108777-sept_11th_rememberance-2.html#post1293648

On 9/11/2001, I was about to leave the office/shop to deliver some material to one of the crews and the secretary mentioned something about a fire at the WTC. She said it was probably another kitchen fire. I headed out and made a stop at the local bait shop. The TV was on and the owner and I stood there watching in shock for hours. People came and went but not many stayed more than a few minutes watching the TV. The Coke/Pepsi guy made a delivery that morning and I told him that two planes had flown into the two WTC towers. He said “ya… that’ll teach um.”
    n00b.gif
    dunno.gif

Around noon I made my delivery and went home. When I got to the back door I found it had been forced open and two of my handguns were gone. I called the sheriffs department and the deputy that responded said off duty officers had been called in just in case something happened around here. He had been assigned to watch the high school.

Some time later, (A few weeks or months. I don’t know how long it had been since 9/11.) I was working on a building in Royal Center and I noticed that there were a lot of jets flying over. It was overcast so I couldn’t see them but they were flying from west to east and one or two every ten to fifteen minutes. I remember thinking “somebody’s going to get it…. I wonder how many will die before this is over?”

It’s nine years later and we still don’t know the answer to that question.

Bucky

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My fiance and were sleeping in. I had to work at 10 am cst and woke up to the phone ringing. It was my mother-in-law telling me to turn on the TV. I turned on the tv about 30 sec before the first tower fell. Hell of a way to wake up.:n00b: I had been awake about a minute. After a few minutes of watching, I went back to my sleeping fiance (now wife), woke her up and wished her a Happy Birthday (yep, was her 21st). Then I told her she needed to come watch TV with me until I had to leave for work. We still went out for dinner; the mood in the restaurant was very somber.

On top of that, our wedding was planned for the 20th. It was touch and go for awhile if we would have any guests from more than a days drive away. It all worked out and everyone was there though.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I was working my part time job on a suburban fire dept, couldn't believe what I was seeing especially when the second plane hit. I looked at my partner and said "the US is now at war". We didn't get a single run that day.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I was teaching school. It was IStep time and we watched the towers fall.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I was at work. I drive a school bus and was transporting my elementary school children. I didn't hear any reports on the bus radio because my kids were too loud.

I usually got to school a bit early and had to sit with the kids until "unloading" time. But, this day, before I even stopped the bus, the teachers/aides were right at the door. (That kind of "freaked me out")

When I opened the door, several of the teachers/aides started talking at once - and told me of the attack. They rushed the kids into the school and I rushed back to the bus garage - gave the dispatcher my emergency phone #, then rushed home to check on my (now late) mother. (She "panicked" easily anyway.)

On my way home, I noticed that all the gas stations had LONG lines - out into the streets. (I was glad that I had a full tank already.)

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I was delivering produce in Cridersville Ohio. I had just got on the interstate when I heard the news break into the radio, as I was listening I heard a woman in the background screaming OMG there's another one, and the other plane hit. Ohio is a 55 mph speed limit state, but not that day, I cranked up the engine and put it in top gear and flew home. If this was gonna be "it" I wanted to be home with my wife and kids!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I had just pulled out with a load of concrete block when I heard a small plane had hit the tower. Details were sketchy, and I had a sick feeling in my gut. It did not feel right.

I had called the office to see if they heard anything, and then called my girlfriend who works in a state building to see if she had heard anything. Just as I was talking to her the radio said the other tower was hit and we were under attack.

I was just sick. I could not focus on my delivery and just flew back to work. We drove home to find the gas stations just packed with cars. I fell into it also. Went home and to my Dad's, and grabbed every gas can I could find. Waited for hours, and prices sky rocketed.

Went home and actually saw it happen on tv. I had been there a few years earlier after the first bombing,they were still cleaning up. I could not imagine those huge buildings that I had been in, coming down like that.It had a huge affect on me ,and still does to this day.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I was laid off grom my job and watching it as it was happening. I was also laid off in the 80's and was watching the schuttle disaster as it happened.

GooseUhRoose

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    Indy Southside
    I watched the news of the first plane hit on the Today show before I went to school. I was in my 7th grade Science class when the teacher turned on the news of the second plane.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Visiting my Mother in rural Indiana (We lived in the Chicago area). I had JUST woke up and turned on the TV. Flipped the channels because I thought it was some kind of movie, it didn't dawn on me until I realized it was on every channel. I watched the 2nd plane hit and that's when family started calling. I was trying like mad to get ahold of my (now) husband but couldn't for a few hours. Lots of emotions were felt that day...Lots. I also remember them saying "The world as we know it, will never be the same!" They were right!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    In the morning, at work.

In the afternoon, standing outside the recruiter's office with my sobbing (now ex) wife begging me not to walk through the door.

Top Bottom