What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My mom gave me a Hot Wheels wris****ch when I was a kid. They go for over $400 on eBay now! I wish I still had it (would not sell it).

jbusyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2018
    South of Indy
    I wore an original Apple Watch until last November, when I upgraded to the Series 4 Apple Watch. It is nice to have the Emergency SOS function built in that will automatically call 911 for you, and is less conspicuous than taking out your cell phone and risk the person taking it from you. I had an incident a couple weeks ago where I had to use this and it worked out well. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared that it would take 1 hour and 45 minutes for the police to respond.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    What forearm? How about just a pocket:
    AhzEu9a.jpg

kGAtFxs.jpg

kUqLCSc.jpg

Hamilton 941 from 1904, 18 size, 21 jewel, fully adjusted to 5 positions, isochronism and temperature, railroad grade. Still keeping time to within a minute a week after more than 110 years.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    What forearm? How about just a pocket:
    AhzEu9a.jpg

kGAtFxs.jpg

kUqLCSc.jpg

Hamilton 941 from 1904, 18 size, 21 jewel, fully adjusted to 5 positions, isochronism and temperature, railroad grade. Still keeping time to within a minute a week after more than 110 years.

I'll raise your antique Hamilton pocket watch with one antique"marriage" wrist watch...

zqSp9ty.jpg

Nice Hamilton btw.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Like an earlier poster, my Timex Expedition is my watch for in-the-woods. :yesway:

i-xjfXQk8-L.jpg

When I go out to dinner, I wear the fancy one that my wife gave to me about 25 years ago. Still runs (when I remember to put a battery in it ).
    I even keep it in the box that it came in. :D

i-VF6RjZ8-L.jpg

.... and when I don't give a damn about time (usually the case, since my retirement) .... this one fits the purpose ! :p

i-29VbNfK-L.jpg

Bucknut

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    My everyday watch is a pepsi dial GMT master. Wear this to work, hunting, special events and most activities. I sometimes wear a Luminox just for s%&ts and giggles.

Sold my Pepsi GMT-Master a few years back. Would love to have that one back along with a Daytona that I flipped.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I love my inexpensive watches too like my $17 casio 1980's Back to The Future movie watch. Still for sale to this day. (Mines not from the 80's).

Also In my opinion the Timex expedition is one of the best watches ever made. So many different combos of it and very affordable. I own several. I love watches. Doesnt have to be an expensive watch for me to love it. But I also appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into a handmade watch which takes a year per watch to complete.

Its like a fine Wilson combat 1911 or ed Brown 1911, you are paying for more than just the materials in the item for some pieces. If you simply want a cheap 1911 to shoot you can go buy a rock river. Same with watches. Its all about what you want out of your timepiece and what it represents to you personally. I don't buy anything I own for other people to enjoy, I buy for me

I have cool pics of my other watches too. Post some later. Im too tired to dig through photos at the moment.

Love the watches guys. Please keep posting all your watches. This is a cool thread

Last edited:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I quit wearing one years ago, because I am hard on stuff. Recently got a Fitbit Charge 3, and I have to admit it's nice having a watch again. I have a bad habit of staying in the shower too long and rushing to work at the last minute, it helps to be able to wear the watch in the shower. (But I am still rushing to work, it seems)

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I quit wearing one years ago, because I am hard on stuff. Recently got a Fitbit Charge 3, and I have to admit it's nice having a watch again. I have a bad habit of staying in the shower too long and rushing to work at the last minute, it helps to be able to wear the watch in the shower. (But I am still rushing to work, it seems)

Agreed about being able to wear it in the shower. I only go for waterproof/water resistant. I never take my Raymond Weil off.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just wear a cheap blacked out Casio most of the time.

It has a silent alarm and you turn off the sound to avoid a loud "bip" each time you press a button.Which is good in some situations.

I use the dual time function to have the local time here in France and to also display Indiana time (aka freedom time).

The timer and stopwatch functions are useful for cooking.

It also works as a makeshift flashlight in total darkness with its two bright LEDs.

It's lightweight (1.7 oz), more accurate than fancy auto watches, waterproof, shock proof etc.

W-735H-1AV-4.jpg

The only drawback is that it's not something you would wear with a suit.

Top Bottom