What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Today... (and probably every day from here on out) a Luminox Sentry.

Been wearing G-Shocks for years. They keep good time, don't break the bank, and are pretty rugged. Then again, I'm not really a watch guy, so that's really all I need.

I do have a nice "dress watch" but it's a very old Waltham I inherited from my dad. According to mom, he got it when working on an small American air base in Argentia, Newfoundland back before they came to the states. When they were dating he ran the NCO club, and got mom (his then girlfriend) a job as a cashier. Being Canadian, even the watches sold on base said the days of the week in both English, and French, so setting the thing to read right is a nightmare.

Just a week ago, however, I picked up a Luminox here off INGO. My first expensive (to me) watch. It's called the Sentry, model XL.0201.SL. First I was happy, then kinda miffed, thinking I'd overpaid. Didn't come with a book though. Never got a watch (this was supposed to be "new") that didn't come with a book, so I go online looking... find it $85 cheaper on Amazon. (should have done more research prior) FTF guy says his girlfriend works in the business, and he gets big discounts. She even wears an $18,000 Cartier... After PMing him, he says he buys all his direct from Luminox so as not to get a fake...

Well, even though it's only been a week, it seems to be a good watch anyway. Keeps good time, has a simple regular watch face, and it glows enough to see it in the dark. The number window for the date is way the hell too small for my tired old eyes to see it, so I guess I'll never know the date... but by God I'll know what time of day it is.
    Anyway I paid dearly for it, so I'm gonna wear it.
    Not being a watch guy, (and living on VA disability) for me to drop $250 on a watch is crazy. Weather I got a good deal or not... IDK, but it seems to be a good watch, and I've seen some guys spend $500 or more.

It also has one more thing going for it.
    I have yet to look at it, and find the stopwatch running from inadvertently pushing buttons by moving my wrist around... lol.
    +1 for old school watches.

That reminds me. Next time a young person asks for the time... I won't tell them.
    I'll just show them the watch, and see if they can figure out what the big hand, and little hand mean... lol.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Today... (and probably every day from here on out) a Luminox Sentry.

Been wearing G-Shocks for years. They keep good time, don't break the bank, and are pretty rugged. Then again, I'm not really a watch guy, so that's really all I need.

I do have a nice "dress watch" but it's a very old Waltham I inherited from my dad. According to mom, he got it when working on an small American air base in Argentia, Newfoundland back before they came to the states. When they were dating he ran the NCO club, and got mom (his then girlfriend) a job as a cashier. Being Canadian, even the watches sold on base said the days of the week in both English, and French, so setting the thing to read right is a nightmare.

Just a week ago, however, I picked up a Luminox here off INGO. My first expensive (to me) watch. It's called the Sentry, model XL.0201.SL. First I was happy, then kinda miffed, thinking I'd overpaid. Didn't come with a book though. Never got a watch (this was supposed to be "new") that didn't come with a book, so I go online looking... find it $85 cheaper on Amazon. (should have done more research prior) FTF guy says his girlfriend works in the business, and he gets big discounts. She even wears an $18,000 Cartier... After PMing him, he says he buys all his direct from Luminox so as not to get a fake...

Well, even though it's only been a week, it seems to be a good watch anyway. Keeps good time, has a simple regular watch face, and it glows enough to see it in the dark. The number window for the date is way the hell too small for my tired old eyes to see it, so I guess I'll never know the date... but by God I'll know what time of day it is.
    Anyway I paid dearly for it, so I'm gonna wear it.
    Not being a watch guy, (and living on VA disability) for me to drop $250 on a watch is crazy. Weather I got a good deal or not... IDK, but it seems to be a good watch, and I've seen some guys spend $500 or more.

It also has one more thing going for it.
    I have yet to look at it, and find the stopwatch running from inadvertently pushing buttons by moving my wrist around... lol.
    +1 for old school watches.

That reminds me. Next time a young person asks for the time... I won't tell them.
    I'll just show them the watch, and see if they can figure out what the big hand, and little hand mean... lol.
    I hate to say this but yes $250 for that used Luminox was highway robbery. It looks like it sells for $150-$175 new. The $345 msrp on the website is over-inflated...like so many manufacturers are wont to do.
    It's inappropriate (and against the classifieds rules) to rip off fellow INGO members like that.
    (and IMHO g-shocks are way better than Luminox)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    89   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I hate to say this but yes $250 for that used Luminox was highway robbery. It looks like it sells for $150-$175 new. The $345 msrp on the website is over-inflated...like so many manufacturers are wont to do.
    It's inappropriate (and against the classifieds rules) to rip off fellow INGO members like that.
    (and IMHO g-shocks are way better than Luminox)
    From his "buyers remorse" thumbs down review of the sale.

"Al is older and at the VA hospital for a reason"

From a PM.

" I looking to SELL a watch afterall, not buy one."

But he's right... I'm older (I expect a fair deal like in the past) and at the VA for a reason... and I do in fact have buyers remorse. Not so much the product, as the inflated price. A year from now, it will be just a funny story.

hotcupofbro

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2023
    Indianapolis
    For all things outdoor (camping hunting, hiking, traning, running, gunning) The Garmin Instinct does it all. I have the solar version which grabs me a few extra hours or days of use depending on what I am doing with it. Great waypoint system thatn can be synced with a phone. Trackback is always handy if I run into unknown woods without OnX. Knowing mileage or splits is also a big plus to me. Digital, but not overly complicated.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I ended up with a Garmin Forerunner 245 Music. Scored a good price on one so I went for it vs the Forerunner 55.

Having fun being a data junkie concerning my health stats. :)

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I haven't wore a watch since i was a kid. I still have that watch although the band is missing..that watch was the dukes of hazard that played the dixie tune.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I wear two watches these days. I've had one version or another of the Citizens Eco-Drive Night Hawk or Navi Hawk since the early 2000s I developed the habit of wearing my wristwatch on my right arm in flight school in the 70s, because with some of the helicopters I flew, it was easier to see the time on the wrist that held the stick rather than to take my hand off the collective pitch control and throttle. Once smart watches became popular, I started wearing one on my left wrist for health monitoring, mainly. I don't wear a smart-watch exclusively because they're a pain to recharge every day or so; with my Navi Hawk, I know it'll keep on working without having to recharge it all the time.

bashMOH

Hawaiian Pizza
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Daviess county
    Casio illuminator w-800. Got it from my dad and he got it a long while ago. I like smartwatches, but there is something nice about not having to worry about charging one more thing and the simplicity of a watch that just tells time

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have the Fitbit Versa 3 and it's fine. I'm used to the Fitbit software but thinking about going with a Galaxy next time.

1682174101390.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have the Fitbit Versa 3 and it's fine. I'm used to the Fitbit software but thinking about going with a Galaxy next time.

View attachment 271121

I bought both of my Galaxy Watches on ebay. A model back from Samsung's latest model, brings a much much better value than paying 2-3-4 times the price for the new one.

While it's not risk free when dealing with ebay sellers, there are plenty of higher volume highly reviewed sellers who deal with refurb, used good, guaranteed sales.

For Samsung flagship phones and watches, I have had good experiences with ebay sellers. I don't bid in auctions, only using the buy now feature. Often when "watching" an item the seller will contact me with a discounted price.

Icing on the cake of buying a year or two older Samsung model is that you have countless online reviews to make sure your model is the one you want.

:twocents:

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Curious as to what this group thinks of Egard quality and value?

Was mentioned in another thread for their patriotic and non woke stand, piqued my interest.

Top Bottom