What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wonder if those folks who demand accurate time still wear a wrist watch? I'm talking about aircraft pilots, police, nurses, etc. The first decent watch I owned, I bought at the PX. It was a Bulova Fifth Avenue. The seal finally gave way after I wore it in a hot, moist climate for a year and it stopped. I still have it for sentimental reasons, but it is trashed.

I need accurate time at work, it's why I went with a radio controlled (You get "atomic time" synchronization via radio waves ) digital watch.

You won't seen much police or military folks without a wrist watch.

Most nurses wear a watch.
    The ones who don't wear wrist watches wear an upside-down chest watch.

why-nurses-can-tell-time-upside-down-87314255_nurse.jpg

If you work in health care you need a watch with a second display (either digital or analog) to count the respiration per minutes of a patient (among many other things).
    That one thing you can't do with a cell phone as most of them only display minutes and hours when they display the time.

You also have some folks who work in areas, or buildings, where they handle classified information.
    They can't have a cell phone with them, so a wrist watch (with no wifi or bluetooth) is the only option for them.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got my Apple Watch Series 7 Stainlesd a couple of days ago. One hell of a piece of technology. $20/month interest free through AT&T was too good to pass up. My Series 3 Space Gray Aluminum was beat up on top, pitted from perspiration on the bottom and wouldn’t hold a charge through a full day so it was time to upgrade.

Attachments

• BAC7042C-F8D0-4F78-8FC4-4C308D308CBC.jpeg
      BAC7042C-F8D0-4F78-8FC4-4C308D308CBC.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 12
    Last edited:

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I have two Deep Blue watches. They are a couple of my favorites. They are currently running a sale if anybody is shopping for a great watch for a decent price...

Deep Blue

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    If you talk about wrist watches you are telling everyone what generation you're from.

Before I retired all of the younger guys were making fun of me for wearing my old beat up timex. They all had there cell phones for that sort of thing, you know.

Oh well, to each his own. I'll keep my Timex and my short, fat, slow 45s. They can have their cell pnones and their 9s or 40s.

We'll all stay safe and be on time. :)
    (Oh, I do own a 9mm also)

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    If you talk about wrist watches you are telling everyone what generation you're from.

Definitely more of a geographical/environmental/societal component than simply "generational." I'm in my thirties and have worn a wristwatch pretty much my entire adult life (childhood too, but those LCD screen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle watches didn't last very long). Putting on a watch is nearly as instinctive as putting on my shoes. Many friends and colleagues in my age range and younger wear watches. My BIL is 24 and he is a daily watch wearer.

Point is, plenty of millennials and Gen Zers wear watches.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think younger folks wear watches as a fashion statement instead of their original intended purposes. If you wear a Rolex, it isn't because it keeps time better than a Timex. Never-the-less, whatever floats your boat!

Top Bottom