What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Normally... a G-shock, but mine has a broken button and it keeps changing time on me. It's probably 6 or 8 years old. Been wearing my late father's watch here lately. (he passed in July) It's a very old Waltham from before he packed up everything they owned into their bran-new Valiant station wagon, including his wife, and his firstborn (my older sister) then immigrated to America in 1962 from Newfoundland. Being made for the Canadian market, it has the days in both English & French. That, plus the dates make it a nightmare to keep right when the months change. I just use it for the time, but it does still keep good time.

Only photo I have of it is from the other day...

G-shock 8 years old max.
    Waltham 60 years old minimum.
    Conclusion?
    They don't make 'em like they used to.

Kiss me I'm Irish.jpg

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I haven't read thru all 23-23 pages of this thread but...

Question- I'm considering a smart watch... What are you guys using it for except for telling time? The health features? How does the battery last? What has been your overall experience so far- pos-neg? Would you buy another one?

I'm looking at particularly Samsung smart watches.

Thanks.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville

Question- I'm considering a smart watch... What are you guys using it for except for telling time? The health features? How does the battery last? What has been your overall experience so far- pos-neg? Would you buy another one?

Thanks.
    I have an apple watch that has too many features but I use mine for:
    Telling Time
    GPS turn alerts / maps
    Some health areas
    Weather
    Finding my iPhone
    Music Ap
    Talk/answer phone (through watch but connected to iphone)

There are a ton more options. My battery will last over 24h with my usage and will charge back up in very little time (hour?)

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Thanks.
    I use mine mainly for telling time, the date, and the fitness app. I use my heart rate monitor on it a lot during workouts. I do preview texts just to see if it’s urgent or can wait, and checking the temperature. There’s a ton more you can do with them, those are just the main features I use. The one dislike is it doesn’t seem very durable, if I had to do it over again I’d definitely buy some sort of case for it. I won’t be rushing out to get the latest and greatest watch, probably use this one until it dies then pick up a more basic model.

SpartanYeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2022
    Osceola, IN 46561, USA
    I was a G shock wearer for a number of years. Durable and tough. I have since switched to the Garmin Instinct. I enjoy the "smart watch" features of the the Garmin and the battery life last about 2 weeks in smart watch mode if you use the GPS it'll only last a day or two.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone

Thanks.

Garmin Fenix 6 Solar

Battery life is 12 to 17 days depending on solar charging. Charges on the cable in a couple hours.
    Date / Time
    Fitness stats
    GPS

I don't use it for alerts, email, text or voice connectivity to my phone.

I've spent a lot of time searching for a watch face app that is visible indoors during the day. Some are downright impossible unless your vision is perfect.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I haven't worn a watch since I got out of the military in 2000 something . I can read the sun within a hour or so . If all else falls I just looking my phone

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    hqbFkuol.jpg

Just sold my Zodiac Super Sea Wolf and bought this Doxa Sub 600T. I’m loving it so far.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Thanks.

It's a good way for big brother to keep an even closer eye on you.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I haven't worn a watch since I got out of the military in 2000 something . I can read the sun within a hour or so . If all else falls I just looking my phone

Wearing a watch is not just about telling time.
    That's why some folks don't mind spending 10K on an automatic Rolex, even though it's less accurate than a $10 Casio digital quartz watch.

A lot of folks don't look at the time when they look at their watch, they just look at the watch ... Yeah they're weirdo watch collectors at this point (and there's nothing wrong with that).

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    Wearing a watch is not just about telling time.
    That's why some folks don't mind spending 10K on an automatic Rolex, even though it's less accurate than a $10 Casio digital quartz watch.

A lot of folks don't look at the time when they look at their watch, they just look at the watch ... Yeah they're weirdo watch collectors at this point (and there's nothing wrong with that).
    And why old dudes buy Corvettes. Belly grown pecker shrunk.
    I was just 5 beers in and expressing that I really no longer need a watch. To each to their own .
    Ps nor do I want one

Last edited:
    Top Bottom