What Watches Do INGO Members Wear? "What's on your forearm"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    In the 90's I had a Timex data watch. Loaded all the critical work phone numbers in it, to call with my brick of a cell phone...

Yeah, those were the days.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    it's been at least 20 years since ive worn a watch. a while back i found the last one i did wear, a cheap timex digital.

i'm not "tied" to a cell phone 24/7 if i really need to know the time, i ask the wife :lmfao:

:cheers:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Damn that was an amazing store as a kid. They had the coolest and futuristic stuff. I loved that store. It was like walking into a brookstone at the mall today IMO

That brings back memories! Got my first pocket knife (small buck) there when I was 7 or 8 and later my first SAK. I remember waiting excitedly with my dad for my knife to come down the conveyor.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I got a Marlin .22 from there back in the very early 80’s. Used to hate having to wait for the stuff to come out on the baggage carousels. But I guess that was the draw, I was still a kid.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn that was an amazing store as a kid. They had the coolest and futuristic stuff. I loved that store. It was like walking into a brookstone at the mall today IMO

I remember the first time I went on my own. I was in college and they had the best price on the mighty HP 11C calculator. They had the HP15C and the different versions of the HP 41, but I only had enough money for the 11C. I used the hell out of that thing.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    That brings back memories! Got my first pocket knife (small buck) there when I was 7 or 8 and later my first SAK. I remember waiting excitedly with my dad for my knife to come down the conveyor.

I got my first Victorinox SAK there (and my second SAK ever). It was the old Champion model. I also used the heck out that thing!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I remember seeing this colorful calculator with a clear screeen or pad as a kid and wanting it so bad. I dont know what it was but something was new technology about it back then. Also i remember just having to buy a cross pen set with a clock in the pen. It was so awesome to me lol.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I think I want the least expensive yet reasonably reliable, durable, and accurate fully mechanical watch I can get.

What are my options?

Too numerous to count.

Lots of "microbrand" companies designing cool watches, farming out case manufacturing to China, slapping a Citizen, Seiko, or even and ETA movement in them, a sapphire crystal, and selling for under $500.

Of those, the only one I personally own is a Deep Blue. It's been great so far.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    The one I wear the most is a Citizen Eco-Drive - has been running for 9 years now with no issues. Have a few automatics including a 1960s vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf which belonged to my father.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    20A6FC49-DACA-4456-9F4F-227B803B235B.jpg

So as many have probably read I really enjoy historical and “movie” watches, Hamilton in the next few months is releasing the Interstellar Watch as a special edition limited to ~2,500 pieces or so, I am thinking I will try to snag one!

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So as many have probably read I really enjoy historical and “movie” watches, Hamilton in the next few months is releasing the Interstellar Watch as a special edition limited to ~2,500 pieces or so, I am thinking I will try to snag one!

The "Murph" field watch? IIRC it's 42mm. That's a crazy large field watch. Looks like a dinner plate on most people's wrists. They should have kept it at 38-40mm.

Cool design though. Too bad I'm not big enough to pull off a 42mm field watch (not many are).

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The "Murph" field watch? IIRC it's 42mm. That's a crazy large field watch. Looks like a dinner plate on most people's wrists. They should have kept it at 38-40mm.

Cool design though. Too bad I'm not big enough to pull off a 42mm field watch (not many are).

Same size as the other Hamilton I just bought , fits my wrist perfectly. But different things for different people it's what generally makes the world interesting (except communist I hate communists :laugh:)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My old Citizen eco-drive finally died. Made it nearly 20 years and took all the abuse I could give it.

The wife was at Kohl's recently, shopping for things we don't really need, but with a wad of magical "Kohl's Cash" about to expire burning a hole in her purse. She sent me pics of a couple of eco-drives they had on clearance and asked if I liked them. I thought they were ok, but how much? Both were marked 80% off of some absurd price that nobody in the history shopping has ever paid. Then she had some coupons and of course, her Kohl's Cash. She ended getting both for $58:yesway:...

TEfeuvJl.jpg

MlcIQdYl.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    My old Citizen eco-drive finally died. Made it nearly 20 years and took all the abuse I could give it.

The wife was at Kohl's recently, shopping for things we don't really need, but with a wad of magical "Kohl's Cash" about to expire burning a hole in her purse. She sent me pics of a couple of eco-drives they had on clearance and asked if I liked them. I thought they were ok, but how much? Both were marked 80% off of some absurd price that nobody in the history shopping has ever paid. Then she had some coupons and of course, her Kohl's Cash. She ended getting both for $58:yesway:...

TEfeuvJl.jpg

MlcIQdYl.jpg

WOW.....that looks like a great score ! :yesway: .....and you're fortunate to have such a thoughtful wife.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nice looking safe queens ya'll got there. Mine's EDC...

cWzcmtM.jpg

Dang it, now I'm have trouble keeping this trusty old girl on my wrist. I broke a pin and had a local shop replace it. Their pin worked for a bit, but now keeps letting loose.

There seems to be some damage to the synthetic on end link of this "titanium" band. I also wonder if the shop used a pin that was on the too short side? New bands are $175. :n00b:

Anyone have links to DYI watch repair sites, forums, etc?

Top Bottom