• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDowner89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    My first hand gun is the XDM .40 4.5" barrel bi-tone, beautiful gun fires like a dream but if anyone can answer this question I would love a reply: Why will my police department not allow me to carry this as a service pistol?

Gabrielvox1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Camby, IN
    My greatgrandfathers 1911 from WW2 when he was a pistol instructor for the Navy. I was 14 when he died and couldn't legally own it in NY so my Dad held onto it until I got my pistol permit here in Indy 8 years later and "sold" it to me for a $1.00.

Yes, I still have it.

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    My first hand gun is the XDM .40 4.5" barrel bi-tone, beautiful gun fires like a dream but if anyone can answer this question I would love a reply: Why will my police department not allow me to carry this as a service pistol?

Many departments have a standard issue gun that they want you to adhere to. This is frequently for liability reasons. Firearms training programs are usually built around one or two specific firearms. They certify that you are proficient with those one or two weapons. Using your own gun might open them up to a additional liability if you were to shoot someone and they could not prove that you were properly trained with your personal weapon. Then again...that might not be the case with your department. Did you ask them why you can't carry your own?

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Good ole Ruger single six convertible given to me by my dad. Still have it. Still love it. Might give it to family someday, but I'll never sell it.

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    My greatgrandfathers 1911 from WW2 when he was a pistol instructor for the Navy. I was 14 when he died and couldn't legally own it in NY so my Dad held onto it until I got my pistol permit here in Indy 8 years later and "sold" it to me for a $1.00.

Yes, I still have it.
    Do you have any pictures of her?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ruger Super New Model Blackhawk .44, I called it my "hand held artillery unit"... used to pick off rocks at 400 yds....ok I read alot of Elmer Keith!!! 7 1/2" bbl

Top Bottom