• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OlBluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Taurus 6-inch SS .357. I remember sitting in the car after getting it from the local sports store and just looking at it and smelling the gun grease/oil...I love that smell! Sold it due to some bad experiences with Tauri.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Crossman CO2 Airgun - like a colt peacemaker 45 (it was .22 cal and shot at 240 fps)

... or

H&R ... 925 or 929 ... (inherited from Grandpa)

or...

SCCY CPX-1 .... 9mm (first purchased)

with (many) more to come ...

"Brother" Bill

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It was a Bersa .380 and I let my big brother keep it for a while and he never gave it back. :xmad:

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    My first gun is a 9mm S&W Sigma. Knowing what I know now, I might have shopped around a bit more & gotten something different. But, I do like my Sigma. I handled a bunch of guns at the store & this one just felt right in my hand. The long, hard, grainy trigger pull is a bit of a challenge, but I’m getting used to it & can usually put most of a magazine into a 6” circle @ 7 yards. Practice, practice, practice :shoot:

Unit308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My first handgun was a Ruger Single Six in .22 Magnum that I bought at a gun show for $85.00.I knew little about Rugers then and this was way back when you could buy direct without having to go through an FFL dealer. The guy at the gun show told me that the Ruger had a custom stag horn grip on it that a customer had ordered but never came to pick up. So I bought it. This was/is the old three screw model.
    I was kinda ticked that the Ruger wouldn't fire .22 long rifles, so I later bought a .22 lr cylinder for it and jury rigged the cylinder to fit.
    I shot that Ruger for years and years.
    I later sent a letter to Ruger and asked them about the date of manufacture and the stag grips that have the Ruger medallion in them.
    I received a letter from J. T. Ruger who told me that this pistol was shipped from their Southport plant in August of 1959.
    He told me that these Stag grips were available via special order for only two years.
    I had suspected that the grips were special when I took the pistol to a gun show and one of the dealers "offered" to give me three sets of grips, my choice, for the stag grips. Of course I refused, sensing that the dealer knew something I didn't.
    I have since learned that these original Ruger stag horn grips are very probably worth more than the pistol itself.
    I still shoot this old Ruger and would not part with it OR the grips.

ewhitehouse

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Corydon, IN
    8" Taurus Raging Bull 44 mag. Got it when I was 16. Dad bought it off a guy he worked with who didnt know what he had. paid $200 for it. Had only 6 rounds ever ran through it. It still is one of my favorite deer guns.

sxshep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    S&W 5946... bought for $240 with night sights and 3 mags, sold 3 years later with 2k rounds I personally put through it (was a police trade-in before that) for $400. Still miss it though.

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    My first was a Tokarev, not your typical first handgun, but it seemed right for me. I love it and don't ever plan to get rid of it. It rocks, and eats surplus ammo all day long. At 7 doll hairs for 70 rds, I can shoot a magnum round for darn near the price of good .22 ammo. So much fun, everyone should have a good Tokarev laying around.

Top Bottom