• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    winchester model 52 b bull barrel with redfield olympic peep sight. kinda heavy but great to just sit in the woods with. poor squirrels dont have a chance.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have a DCM origin Remington 40X heavy barrel .22 LR with Olympic iron sights. For my 62 year old eyes, it does the best job of any rifle I own...I can consistently hit a 6 inch steel plate at 100 yards and love hearing that "ping" every time I do!!! I once went through a full brick of .22 ammo, one round at a time in one setting with this rifle.

Rog

tdkahn

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Remington: Model 5, Youth Model. Imported from Zastava Arms in Serbia. Gun may be a "youth model", but has the feel and weight of a much larger gun.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Personally, my most accurate 22lr is a savage mark II FV-SR. It's a little too heavy to hunt with so I usually end up taking my 10-22, not that I do much hunting with it either.

Yesterday I took out my brother in law's bolt action tube fed Sears Roebuck 22LR that he bought year or two from a local gunstore for about $150. It put a very impressive group up at 40 yardsaround a 1/2" with fed bulk ammo. I couldn't believe how nice that rifle shot and now I want to find a nice little bolt action that tube fed. I love magazines for the range, but I'd prefer to sling a tube fed over my shoulder any day of the week.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    It was cheap, but my Marlin M 60 is a great gun. I have never had a great scope on it, but even with iron sights I can print 10 rounds on a 12" x 12" target at one hundred yards. With the cheap Tasco it came with I can get a 3" group at 50 yards.

I have three or four Model 60's, and I enjoy shooting them more than anything I have. I am toying with the idea of installing some Tech Sights. Does anyone here have any experience with the Tech Sights on a Model 60? I know they're awesome on the 10/22.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    1937 Mossy 46a ! Thank ya Uncle Clarence !

attachment.php

JimH

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I think I have owned them all.I used to shoot rimfire benchrest competition all over the country,plus have squirrel hunted fro 40+ years.I still own and shoot Anschutz,Rem.several CZ's,Win 52 sporter .Had a wonderful Sako Finnfire with Lilja bbl.,several 541's,40x's,a Calfee xp rimfire,Ans.54's plus lots of Marlin 39's.My favorite go to squirrel gun is a 10/22 with a 17" Lilja bbl.,factory DSP stock,17 oz. trigger with a 3.5x10 Leupold A.O. scope.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I think I have owned them all.I used to shoot rimfire benchrest competition all over the country,plus have squirrel hunted fro 40+ years.I still own and shoot Anschutz,Rem.several CZ's,Win 52 sporter .Had a wonderful Sako Finnfire with Lilja bbl.,several 541's,40x's,a Calfee xp rimfire,Ans.54's plus lots of Marlin 39's.My favorite go to squirrel gun is a 10/22 with a 17" Lilja bbl.,factory DSP stock,17 oz. trigger with a 3.5x10 Leupold A.O. scope.

You win !

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Walther model 1. It is a bolt and/or semiauto... I love it....I have only ever seen 1 other complete rifle....

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    mainly I use my Marlin 39a. accurate and nice to use since it is a full size rimfire rifle. A mans rifle so to speak. It shoots very well and is not real ammo picky and does almost as well with bulk ammo as the expensive stuff. I read and saw a number of 39a in this post. I have a few of them both mounties and regulars from about 1950 to 1983, My fav happens to be the full size one from 1978.

Now I have favorites to use that are not as accurate as the 39a. One of my favs is a browning auto rifle, light weight and easy to hold and carry, is accurate but if you remove the barrel you have to realign the scope.

Lately the way I go for tree rats is with the pistol. Mainly a browning :silly wet: pistol. It shoots up to 50 yards as well as the marlin 39a from a nice rest. I did a hingis spring flip and the trigger pull is a nice light 3 pounds plus or minus a few ounces and it has overtravel screw set prefect. I bought a better 2-6 power scope setup for it since I took the picture and I really like it. Yes I miss a few that I would hit with the rifle but the added challenge is well worth the loss of meat. Plenty of tree rats where I hunt and I do nt get out as often As I should to keep them in check. I seem to miss the ones that come in real close to me with it so I have learned to use the iron sights for the close ones after missing a few easy head shots at close range.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    My most accurate 22 is my Ruger 77/22. Very accurate rifle, I have made head shots on squirrels out to 125 yards. My 10/22 with a Green Mt sporter barrel is a close second. My Marlin 60, which was my first 22 over 35 years ago, is still a tack driver and has killed more squirrels than I can remember.

Ruger 77/22 here also. It was pricey for a .22 but I love the thing.

Top Bottom