• Total voters

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Was interrupted as I was trying to finish the post. All good now:yesway:

I myself am a project monkey. I can't have nice things, as others will probably sympathize with, so might as well break them intentionally.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Projects don't have to be extreme, like cutting away half the gun to save weight. But like changing stocks from factory guns because the stupid flimsy plastic one they sent on my MKII FV-SR sucks, or changing grips, sights, having cylinders cut for moonclips, etc. There are only 2 guns that I own that are in original factory condition and are going to stay that way. The rest have been modified to suit what I want out of that gun.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I'll modify it if want, leave it alone if I dont. I dont mind taking a dremel to something..... worst thing that can happen is I am out a bit of money and have to replace it. Hell I dremeled my surefire tape switch a few days ago so that it would work with my dbal.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Not really a category for me either. I have modified some of my guns like sights, springs, triggers and the such, but never a Dremel has touched a gun of mine.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Perhaps I should have left the dremel part out of the poll description. I didn't mean actually taking a dremel to a gun, more or less modifying it to your suited tastes, needs. Like my sheild for instance, changed the sights, will probably do some stipling on it here shortly. Same thing with my glock 17, sights, larger slide stop lever off a 34, grip plug. Every gun I own more or less is a project to make it how I want it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Of the two, I suppose I would be a "collector". My guns are largely tools. I don't typically modify my wrenches much. Same with my guns.

No category for me. I'm a shooter, my guns are tools.

Not really a category for me either. I have modified some of my guns like sights, springs, triggers and the such, but never a Dremel has touched a gun of mine.

Similar for me. Sights, maybe a drop in aftermarket mag release, but not much else.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    You mean this is a bad ideal?

1tv4ic.jpg

dyw1lg.jpg

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I like to buy sporterized mil-surps and then put them back in military trim. Not cost effective, but I feel there's some positive karma to it.

I'm an anti-project monkey.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I've polished the internals of my 4506-1, and refinished a few mosins before they started to creep in price. I've also started to cajun my CZ75 pre B and CZ85. They were both surplus when I bought them and as such had them refinished.

Top Bottom