What type of flashlight do you carry? Do you even carry one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    I picked up a Olight S10R and S20R right after Christmas when Amazon had the S20Rs on sale. Other than not really being a huge fan of the pocket clip (and I usually carry it clipped onto my weak side pocket) I like them both so far. The S10R is extremely small and therefor easier to carry, but the S20R does have more battery life so I go back and forth between the two. I'm curious to see how they hold up over time as I haven't ever bought anything from Olight before but so far I'd recommend them to people looking for something small yet bright.

SlowPlay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm seriously looking for a small/medium general use/carry light. Don't know a whole lot about them other than what I've been reading. I'm really liking the Olight S10R ll. Any reason not to consider it? Also the Fenix TK16? Thanks.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm seriously looking for a small/medium general use/carry light. Don't know a whole lot about them other than what I've been reading. I'm really liking the Olight S10R ll. Any reason not to consider it? Also the Fenix TK16? Thanks.

I've had a few weeks with my Olight S1 Baton and haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My light is truly the most-used thing that I carry. I use it almost as much as my phone. I don't know how I got along for all those years without one.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I've been debating lately on a Surefire Titan Plus or an Elzetta Alpha.

Still might pic up another G2XLE and/or a Fury too, but the Titan Plus and Alpha are more handier size wise

Carry my 6P with the KX4 bulp upgrade when I have a winter coat to throw it in

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I wondered if anyone would fess up to carrying an Elzetta, how do you like it? I thought about them but man they are pricey. I have some Elzetta mounts and I like them.

Sorry. I missed this earlier.

I like the light a lot... mostly for it's tint (which I just figured was just the manufacturer's mumbo jumbo that didn't really mean anything). It really makes a difference from the other LED lights I have, which are Streamlight and Surefire. I actually hate going back to my other lights when the batteries die on the Elzetta (I use it a lot in the woods at night). The Elzetta really creates a "daylight look" , while the others are just white lights that wash out most color. It's a huge difference I noticed immediately the first time I used it (which was for about two hours one night pulling my truck out of some deep mud on my property with a come-along by myself).

The beam, even for the 900 lumen Charlie, doesn't seem to throw as far as the other lesser lumen lights. I think that it is an illusion, though, since the beam is a lot wider. It lights up a lot more of the immediate area, which I think makes the beam seem like it isn't penetrating as far. For example, while in the woods at night, if I am trying to see something in the distance through the trees the beam lights up all the surrounding trees and tends to make seeing past them difficult. With my narrower beam Streamlights, on the other hand, I can shine the beam between the trees without lighting them up and having that issue.

It's a great light with a semi-wide beam. The Charlie is a three cell 123, so it's pretty big. It fits in my back pocket with the bezel sticking out. Most people probably wouldn't like that, but I'm used to carrying a ton of gear at work so it doesn't bother me at all.

theledwarehouse

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    Vicksburg, MI
    The Elzetta lights are nice. They certainly are heavy duty. So if weight is an issue you might not like it.

Also, I will say, that of all the flashlight manufacturers we deal with, they certainly are the nicest and easiest to work with. Great people own that company for sure!

But I had one on my AR-15 for the longest time until a customer had to have one, but wanted a used one........

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Fenix PD35 or Fenix UC35.

They are the best flashlights I have ever owned. Tail switch, LOL (Lots Of Lumens), long run times, multiple modes, defaults to last mode selected, the UC35 can be recharged via USB, the PD35 uses a rechargeable 18650 battery. Purchased from "The LED Warehouse" with an INGO discount.

Shadow Goose

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2015
    South
    I posted about this flashlight in another location, but I really do like it for the price and options that come with it.
    Helotex G2 Flashlight Helotex G2 Flashlight I enjoy finding out about other options out there within a decent price range.

If I ever run out of batteries I will just use my son's EDC flashlight, it doesn't need batteries.;)
    Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.52.55 AM.png

diavic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Here is a link if you want to purchase more of those lights. Key Chain Light Series - MicroStream® | Streamlight

Might not be a bad idea to pick up a couple extras. I've had a couple of them given to me during the Glock Advanced Armorer Courses and they haven't been terribly reliable in my experience.

I have carried one of these every day since July. It is starting to act up, sometimes it will not come on sometimes it will. I have tried different batteries, and it does the same thing. I think the switch might be going bad.

dbishop728

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a TLR 1 on my carry and love it. I have always used steamlights on the job as a firefighter and they have held up no matter how much you abuse them. hope this helps anyone interested

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    I have a couple surefires stashed here and there. But at the end of the day, I carry a cheap little nebo 90 lumen. Cheap to feed (single AA), and has worked well for a couple years. If I'm going hunting or something serious I grab one of the surefires. But for day to day stuff, the nebo does great.

inchrisin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The closest thing I carry is my phone. I'll just pull up Google's homepage. Mostly white. :)

I have a spelunking flashlight in my car that I'd use for camping or an emergency.

Top Bottom