What to spend a Dick's Sporting Goods gift card on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You laugh, but I was serious. Had I not found my tumbler on clearance at RK, I’d have never spent the money on it. I'd gladly pay full price now if I had to replace it. Use it every day
    I got two knock-offs (tumblers) from Primary Arms that I use every day. They're awesome, but they were only a fraction of the cost of a Yeti. I'm thinking 10 bucks or less. Holds ice all day even when it's in the 90's.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Since we are just sort of brainstorming.....

The pure entertainment value of asking for the store manager and cutting up the card into pieces in front of him.

Bonus: have someone video it, the gift that keeps on giving!

Heck, if you send me a copy of the video, I will send you $10!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

The pure entertainment value of asking for the store manager and cutting up the card into pieces in front of him.

While it would be funny, they wouldn’t care, they already got their $50 unfortunately, he might as well get something useful out of it

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Why would they care? They've already gotten their 50 bucks when the card was purchased. So by cutting it up, you're basically giving them another 50 bucks since they don't have to redeem it for $50 worth of merchandise.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I got two knock-offs (tumblers) from Primary Arms that I use every day. They're awesome, but they were only a fraction of the cost of a Yeti. I'm thinking 10 bucks or less. Holds ice all day even when it's in the 90's.
    Many companies have infringed on Yeti’s patents. They own like 200 of them.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    same problem here. they are usually next to make up stores or malls, so it surprises the wife when I ask if she wants to go in Ulta or whatever. I just go have free gift-card beef jerky & coke while looking at lures, camping gear, trying boots or other gear, etc. it's not that hard to spend $50-100 anymore.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Many companies have infringed on Yeti’s patents. They own like 200 of them.
    Heck, Yeti might have even made them for Primary at a discount. They look identical other than the branding on the outside. I'm skeptical of Yeti's or any other cooler manufacturers claims like, "Holds ice for 5 days!". Yeah? BS. Maybe... if the outdoor temperature is below freezing. If they were that confident, they would offer a money back guarantee. They don't. Ain't no cooler going to hold ice for 5 days in 90 degree weather while using the cooler in the normal way (you know, like opening it to get things out and put things back in). I challenge any of them to prove me wrong.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Heck, Yeti might have even made them for Primary at a discount. They look identical other than the branding on the outside. I'm skeptical of Yeti's or any other cooler manufacturers claims like, "Holds ice for 5 days!". Yeah? BS. Maybe... if the outdoor temperature is below freezing. If they were that confident, they would offer a money back guarantee. They don't. Ain't no cooler going to hold ice for 5 days in 90 degree weather while using the cooler in the normal way (you know, like opening it to get things out and put things back in). I challenge any of them to prove me wrong.
    The thing is, I normally need a cooler to hold ice for a few hours, Coleman and igloo do that just fine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The thing is, I normally need a cooler to hold ice for a few hours, Coleman and igloo do that just fine.
    When we would camp for a long weekend or up to 4 days, I would typically need to buy ice once a day with a decent Coleman in the summer time. If it was cooler weather, I might be able to stretch it out to every other day. And we used to freeze gallon jugs of water to use as a "base" in our big cooler.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm skeptical of Yeti's or any other cooler manufacturers claims like, "Holds ice for 5 days!". Yeah? BS.
    My Yeti 65 was filled with mostly warm drinks and 21 pounds of ice last Wednesday, still had ice in it Monday at noon, it was in my SUV the whole time and in the sun. Highs of 70 lows of 40 at night. No complaints here…

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    exactly. i use an old, well used Coleman steel belted cooler most of the time just because it looks cool. when I partied at IU I had an LL Bean cooler backpack. Ice didn't need to last long.

Yeti and such are made for those Backcountry hunters and such who need ice to keep for weeks. They do hold ice. I've had friends with prodeals and gotten them cheap just to test out. Unfortunately Yeti is a marketing pissing contest for average Joe. Or was, at least.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    When we would camp for a long weekend or up to 4 days, I would typically need to buy ice once a day with a decent Coleman in the summer time. If it was cooler weather, I might be able to stretch it out to every other day. And we used to freeze gallon jugs of water to use as a "base" in our big cooler.
    This is often an undiscussed point when the whole coolers and ice discussions come up. If one is buying commercial ice that is made on machines that quick freeze it, do not be surprised when it quick melts either.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The secret to cooler car camping for a long weekend it dry ice(small block)and regular ice. Unless it is 105+ then nothing but electric power will help. You can get dry ice pretty easy these days. Most Meijer stores has it up in front of the registers,a few Target stores,and maybe some others.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My Yeti 65 was filled with mostly warm drinks and 21 pounds of ice last Wednesday, still had ice in it Monday at noon, it was in my SUV the whole time and in the sun. Highs of 70 lows of 40 at night. No complaints here…
    Were you getting in and out of it several times a day? And 70's and 40's are cool compared to what I'm talking about.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The secret to cooler car camping for a long weekend it dry ice(small block)and regular ice. Unless it is 105+ then nothing but electric power will help. You can get dry ice pretty easy these days. Most Meijer stores has it up in front of the registers,a few Target stores,and maybe some others.
    Yes, dry ice would definitely help. And you can do cool stuff with the "leftover" dry ice too. :):

Top Bottom