• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnx2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Shelbyville
    need help. Have a Savage 11 that came with a Nikon BDC. I have a M-223 that I used to run 40 rounds thought it.
    Qustion , would the resell value be more or less if I set up and dialed in the original scope?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    If you sell a rifle with a scope your pretty much giving the scope away. Put on the cheapest and I wouldn't even dial it in. Just let the person know that is buying it.

ars

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    Zionsville
    List them as separate and offer the scope at a premium. If buyer does not pay for scope, sell the scope separate.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Highly doubtful you will ever buy a new scope (making it used) or gun and get your money back. If someone wanted to pay full price they would buy it from a shop.

The exception to that rule wpuld be if you bought it used

Beg to differ with that comment. I have never ever lost money on a gun EVER. At the very least I break even. Heck I just made money on a scope I used for ten years. They doubled in price since I bought it. Guns and the related are always on the rise. The wife never says no to a gun purchase. Great investments they are.

To get the most out of this particular deal I would part it out.

Also keep in mind not having a back ground check means something to some people and they are willing to pay more to buy privately.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Beg to differ with that comment. I have never ever lost money on a gun EVER. At the very least I break even. Heck I just made money on a scope I used for ten years. They doubled in price since I bought it. Guns and the related are always on the rise. The wife never says no to a gun purchase. Great investments they are.

To get the most out of this particular deal I would part it out.

Also keep in mind not having a back ground check means something to some people and they are willing to pay more to buy privately.

Some guns go up in value. The Savage model 11 is not one of them. If you buy a Savage model 11 new from ???, and a year later put it in the classifieds for what you paid, chances are pretty good you will bump the add for about 6 months.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Some guns go up in value. The Savage model 11 is not one of them. If you buy a Savage model 11 new from ???, and a year later put it in the classifieds for what you paid, chances are pretty good you will bump the add for about 6 months.

I had a 110 pre accutrigger. Took it out of the box slammed a cheap scope on it. Ran some boxes of ammo through giving it a rough dial in. Few more range target shooting trips. Took it to the Valpo show and sold it as soon as I walked in for more than what I paid.

People are willing to pay. Like you mentioned sometimes it may take a little longer on some run of the mill models.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I had a 110 pre accutrigger. Took it out of the box slammed a cheap scope on it. Ran some boxes of ammo through giving it a rough dial in. Few more range target shooting trips. Took it to the Valpo show and sold it as soon as I walked in for more than what I paid.

People are willing to pay. Like you mentioned sometimes it may take a little longer on some run of the mill models.

Im not saying "one isn't born every second". Im saying people who are educated about firearms cost expect a discount for it being used. Same thing applies to cars. You cant buy a new car, and drive it 5000 miles, and get your new car price back. Exception being if you buy used, you might be able to drive for awhile, and break even/make money.

I sold a Glock 22 to a buddy a few years ago for 400 bucks. I could have told him it was worth 900, and he would have bought it, and believed me. He trusts me because he knows I wouldn't do that.

Top Bottom