• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I all ways take a moderator. :rockwoot:

:+1:to be really safe, mod, bill of sale, NICs Check, Form 4473, LTCH, Bank Account Number w/PIN, Birth Certificate, Copy of Indiana Drivers License, Passport, letter from his mommy and last but not least a photo, date and time stamped showing the actual gun exchange. Ah.. too much trouble just keep the gun or donate it to a Government Sponsored Gun Turn In for 50 bucks. You'll feel much better about it :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    :+1:to be really safe, mod, bill of sale, NICs Check, Form 4473, LTCH, Bank Account Number w/PIN, Birth Certificate, Copy of Indiana Drivers License, Passport, letter from his mommy and last but not least a photo, date and time stamped showing the actual gun exchange. Ah.. too much trouble just keep the gun or donate it to a Government Sponsored Gun Turn In for 50 bucks. You'll feel much better about it :D

You also may want to consider blood test, credit check, medical records and School transcripts...

Or what you could do it just collect the money and hand him the firearm giving a little nod and smile as you turn to walk away...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Or what you could do it just collect the money and hand him the firearm giving a little nod and smile as you turn to walk away...

And make sure it is late at night, about 2am should work. Drive up to his driver's side and hand it to him in a brown paper bag. Then say "thanks homie" and drive off.

:D

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Just take the money and give him the gun. Once its outta ur hands u should have nothing to worry about.
    Me personally, if I sold someone a gun just because they had money, I'd still feel morally responsible if they, in turn, went and killed someone. As I previously stated, if I dont know the person, I will only sell them a gun when presented with their LTCH. You may not legally have "anything to worry about," But if a cop comes knocking at my door because my gun was used in a murder, presenting them with a copy of the bill of sale for said firearm will get them off my doorstep a lot faster than just telling them I no longer have that gun.

bullet293

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    OMOKOK
    i always go with the bill of sale with sigs. so if jonny law does come knocking with questions i can prove when and to who i sold it.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You could do a face to face meet for cash in Martinsville and while doing the cash handover have the Martinsville PD roll up and do a surprise NCIS check!

or not...

If you want to use an FFL, do it. Hell, use on the small FFL's from this board and consider it money well spent as the FFL's who are still around can use all the business they can get...

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    You may all think this is strange, but I have three handguns and one rifle in the safe that I have purchased from friends because they needed the cash. As far as I am concerned, they still belong to their owner. If I need to sell them in the future for my reasons, I would call the owner to see if thay want it back before I sell them outside of our group.

That is just me and my close friends, maybe not for everyone...

I'm not sure if this off topic, because I sure don't document sales to or from my friends.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    for what its worth i would get a bill of sale made up. it not needed but could help out later if needed

People say this, but it's simply not true. Liability wise, you are 100% covered by the law, and saying "I sold it" IS all that's needed.

If you want it for piece of mind, fine, but it' does nothing IMO (especially since they're non-verified documents)

:twocents:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    How many of you would feel just as bad if a car you sold to someone ended up killing people because of a careless driver?

It is the person not the equipment.

Top Bottom