• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Since I cant even get 22LR ammo for my boys that love shooting (understatement). I purchased them some throwing knives, so they have unlimited ammo this summer.

Always a good idea. Since i live with in city limits I dont always get a chance to shoot but I've set up a pretty decent target from cut logs behind my garage. I've become quite proficient with a Colt throwing knife and the Hibben throwing axe. I really recommend the axe. It has a considerable amount of kinetic energy deposited on that stump thats for sure.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Where can I get a tanker truck of regular unleaded, and a garage full of beef jerky? Wont be long till I can't afford those items either. (Like now).:dunno:

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've got enough ammo and components to make it through the weekly IDPA/USPSA/Steel comps in the summer up to the state matches, but not more so I am being conservative right now with my shooting.

Instead, I've taken up tomahawk throwing and been practising the bow much more so far this year. I could always use more practice with the bow before hunting season. It's really paying off, too ... I can see my accuracy getting much better at long yardage.

On Saturday, though, I was getting the itch to shoot something with a trigger ... so I decided to pick up a crossbow. Was out shooting it yesterday. What a hoot that is ... and the ammo is retrievable. After some practice I am sure this will follow me into the tree stand on occasion ... just for a change from the bow.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I would take that $600 and get everything I need to reload that way you can continue to shoot at an affordable cost. :ar15:

I did however send in my SBR check recently :D

This^^^^^ not to mention any properly, carefully reloaded ammunition is automatically better and more accurate than your standard average nato load. Plus it is fun! I enjoy reloading almost as much as shooting.

jballs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    I reload so it's not a huge issue for me, except the fact that supplies are hard to find. Prices have pretty much stayed the same you just can't get stuff.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    I would like to learn to reload this year. It would be a good trade to have.

I'm getting the same way. My needs consist of 556/223 338 lapua 45 38/357 and 22. Don't shoot the 338 enough that I ever thought reload was with it and all the satndard ammo has been cheap enough. I have a good stock in what I shoot but replacing it isn't real easy. The only problem I have is that I have no idea where to get started with reloading.

Owen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Fishers
    Last year I was really busy at work with a rough schedule. This year my schedule is better. This is the year I was going to shoot all the multi gun rounds... So much for that idea

Shootin'IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    S.W. Indiana
    This problem is nothing new to me, if you remember four years ago we had the same problem so here is what I did.
    I just bought a 5.45x39 upper & snapped it on my lower.
    a4wpqe.jpg

p0igi.jpg

Bought a few spam cans of 5.45x39 ammo & I'm ready to do some heavy duty plinking at only 17.5 cents per round or less. I also found out that the 5.45x39 will shoot out of a 100rd AR .223 drum mag. Hey gun banners eat your heart out.
    ny9pvl.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    I made my first handgun purchase in late Nov. so there wasn't time to build any stocks of ammo. My budget and I have been getting into arguments as of late concerning ammo prices and we have agreed that I will have to reduce my range trips to once a month until things calm down.

Top Bottom