• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acarnahan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I get a lot of people talking about high ammo prices (i agree that they are high) and that they won't pay the extra cost. I get it, I semi-agree unless I need that caliber but HERE'S MY ADVICE.

Instead of paying $600 for 1k rounds of 223, go buy that $400 supressor & $200 tax stamp that you've been putting off. Now that's my general response, but I'm sure everyone has some item other than ammo that they'd planned on buying & for some reason they are fixated on ammo.
    Does anyone else get this question often & do you have better answers to those people that keep mentioning it.

Your thoughts.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    I would take that $600 and get everything I need to reload that way you can continue to shoot at an affordable cost. :ar15:

I did however send in my SBR check recently :D

swamptick

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Rochester
    It is funny you posted this because that is exactly what I am going to do, and by the time I get my stamp back prices should be getting close to normal.

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    If anything, people need to understand the importance of planning ahead. Prioritize what you want/need and resolve yourself to acquire it so you're not scrambling during times of uncertainty and panic.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    we should all just NOT pay high prices, if we did this, the price would come back down to earth, and we'd all be happy! patience is key, i've had to really look but i have found quite a bit of ammo on ingo and at walmart but you just have to be at the right place at the right time, the only thing you can control is how often you are at the place for a chance at it being the right time.

armiker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just be patient it will come around,probably take at least 6-8 months for them to catch up.I have 2 orders that I placed in December and both have been backordered to June and July.At the prices I got,all I can do is wait.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    The one problem with your suggestion is that I don't have $600 for 1000 rounds. If i did i wouldn't be complainng.

I need those $5 .223 tula boxes....

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    I get a lot of people talking about high ammo prices (i agree that they are high) and that they won't pay the extra cost. I get it, I semi-agree unless I need that caliber but HERE'S MY ADVICE.

Instead of paying $600 for 1k rounds of 223, go buy that $400 supressor & $200 tax stamp that you've been putting off. Now that's my general response, but I'm sure everyone has some item other than ammo that they'd planned on buying & for some reason they are fixated on ammo.
    Does anyone else get this question often & do you have better answers to those people that keep mentioning it.

Your thoughts.

:rofl: My experience has been that guns with no ammo tend to be self suppressing. (purple intended)

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    When I first started really getting into guns and shooting was the last little ammo scare. I bought a 9mm pistol but could not find ammo for it anywhere. When it slowed down and got back to normal I started buying in bulk as I could afford it. Cheaper that way anyway. So this time when people started panicking I already had a good pile of ammo sitting around. I still like to try to replace what I shoot but it is too cold for me to go to the range too much anyway.

Bishop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Waynetown Area
    I have been hitting the walmarts in crawfordsville and lafayette every time i happen to pass by one and still haven't hit on any 22lr. Not going to pay the gun show prices. Actually saw a brick at the lafayette show for 70 bucks. That's a 350% mark up from retail. I don't have to have them, but the kids love to shoot the 22. I'll just wait.

Fester

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Greenfield
    I am hoping a lot of this high priced hoopla will blow over. Maybe in a few short months there will be scores of people at the gunshows trying to unload the excess ammo they purchased. But selling at a way cheaper price.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Started casting my own bullets last year. Reload!

My 13 yr old son has made a habit of shooting up my .38/.357's and 45LC's like crazy with our lever action carbines plus a handfull of Rugers and S&W pistols. He likes the bigger thump.

bthomas

Marksman
    Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    Winchester
    Since I cant even get 22LR ammo for my boys that love shooting (understatement). I purchased them some throwing knives, so they have unlimited ammo this summer.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Since I'm only occasionally finding 22lr I've decided just to keep picking up 12g ammo and that's what I'll shoot most until everything settles down. At $5 per 25rds for target loads its relatively cheap and since its a 12g it won't be shot too much. Nothing wrong with plinking with an 870!:rockwoot:

Blown71X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    I`ve seriously been considering going out and working on my race car again while waiting this out.(Been on hold for 2 years)
    I think it would actually be cheaper :laugh:

Rick

Top Bottom