• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    I have had almost 100% good transactions regarding purchases initiated online, but over the last few weeks I've hit a spot of disappointments. First was about two weeks ago, I bought a Shotgun from an INGO member that showed up and said he couldn't find the manufacturers manual for the gun but assured me that he would send it to me. I sent him a text after a week asking how it was going and I received a short text saying that he said he would take care of it and he will. A week later, nothing. Not even any communication to let me know what the status is. Second, another fellow INGO member had a pistol listed for about three weeks and slowly lowered his price. I contacted him, we made arrangements to meet early the following morning. I get up at 4:45 to get ready to meet the guy and he has left me a text saying that he really did not want to sell it for the price the HE listed. Lastly, guy just listed a G43 on Armslist for $400. I call him and talk to him, letting him know I am ready to meet at his convenience. He said he is waiting to hear from someone else and will call me if it does not work at. The the dude sends me a text telling me that for $425 it's mine. I told him I would pass. Shortly thereafter he says he will take $400 after all. I told him I would pass anyway (on principle). I have never had anything but good experiences on INGO and almost all good on Armslist. I am sure it is just a bad patch, but it really makes me lose a little faith. Know what I mean?

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I think it is a cycle. I had similar experiences on here. Lots of good ones and then had nothing but weird or odd happenings... had a deal fall through despite going through days and days of haggling they pulled out about an hour before I was planning on leaving and driving for an hour to meet them. I really should have reported him...I can't quite remember his username on here to warn others but I was pretty livid and that stopped me from dealing with people on here for a while.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Seems to run in cycles. Went through a similar spurt a few years ago, no rhyme or reason.

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I have had almost 100% good transactions regarding purchases initiated online, but over the last few weeks I've hit a spot of disappointments. First was about two weeks ago, I bought a Shotgun from an INGO member that showed up and said he couldn't find the manufacturers manual for the gun but assured me that he would send it to me. I sent him a text after a week asking how it was going and I received a short text saying that he said he would take care of it and he will. A week later, nothing. Not even any communication to let me know what the status is. Second, a fellow into member had a pistol listed for about three weeks and slowly lowered his price. I contacted him, we made arrangements to meet early the following morning. I get up at 4:45 to get ready to meet the guy and he has left me a text saying that he really did not want to sell it for the price the HE listed. Lastly, guy just listed a G43 on Armslist for $400. I call him and talk to him, letting him know I am ready to meet at his convenience. He said he is waiting to hear from someone else and will call me if it does not work at. The the dude sends me a text telling me that for $425 it's mine. I told him I would pass. Shortly thereafter he says he will take $400 after all. I told him I would pass anyway (on principle). I have never had anything but good experiences on INGO and almost all good on Armslist. I am sure it is just a bad patch, but it really makes me lose a little faith. Know what I mean?

I just recently went through a couple of bad experiences lately. Nothing major just some no shows and a male with no ID and no permit. I do not do transactions without seeing a permit and license, both valid of course.

nhgluff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Guy just tried to trade me the 43 on armslist
    it has one mag no box to me that says stolen
    I told him no thanks

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You do realize almost every firearm manual of current manufacture is on line?

You deal with a good gun shop, you know what to expect. You deal with the internet and you take your chances.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Guy just tried to trade me the 43 on armslist
    it has one mag no box to me that says stolen
    I told him no thanks

Was he a marble mouthed guy looking for a "Glock .40"? He has two other guns listed on AL says he is looking to trade. If so, that was the guy. If I was a local detective, I would check to see if any of the three guns he has listed on AL match any reported stolen.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    You do realize almost every firearm manual of current manufacture is on line?

You deal with a good gun shop, you know what to expect. You deal with the internet and you take your chances.

Yeah, but the guy was an INGO member, cited his reputation, told me he would get me one and didn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have had a few members not return my PM's when asking about trades or even offering the listed price.
    I look them up and sure enough they have gotten an infraction from me for not following the rules.
    Man up people.
    But for the most part every transaction has been smooth and meeting the members has been most enjoyable.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I've been pretty lucky with Ingo. Recently, I have had no replies when querying about an ad or to an LGS. If no answer, than that's no big deal it's their loss and my good fortune for what could have been a bad experience. If I don't any bites here, I have gone to Cabela's and it looks like they will be my go to place if all else fails. I don't do Armslist or Gunbroker. They gave far better prices than any LGS and now I wish I have been going there instead. Oh well, you learn and move on.

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    Cabelas is decent if u dont have any luck anywhere else, although i will say their is one guy in the gun section who must really not like his job as the couple times i tried to deal with him his offer (from cabelas mind you) was so low they almost felt like insults. I ended up selling one at a gun show for a decent price, and the other i brought back about a month later, and a nice old guy gave me exactly what i was looking for.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've been pretty lucky with Ingo. Recently, I have had no replies when querying about an ad or to an LGS. If no answer, than that's no big deal it's their loss and my good fortune for what could have been a bad experience. If I don't any bites here, I have gone to Cabela's and it looks like they will be my go to place if all else fails. I don't do Armslist or Gunbroker. They gave far better prices than any LGS and now I wish I have been going there instead. Oh well, you learn and move on.

I've found some outstanding deals on GunBroker, but you do need to do your research.
    I picked up a used Marlin model 36 in .30-30 a couple of years back for $225.25.

This auction ended at like 2:34am or some stupid time like that.
    To top it off it ended on Christmas Eve.
    I lurked on the site until the last minute and then bid.

I ended up winning that auction by $.25 over the next highest bidder.

I later sold that .30-30 to my younger brother and bought a brand new Mossberg 464 when they came out.
    Now we both have more very nice deer Indiana deer legal rifles.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Just last week I had my first bad ingo deal.
    I offered full price for a handgun. He returned my pm, set a time to meet etc. 10 minutes later he wants to change the time that he set to begin with. He was supposed to get back to me with a new time. He never did.

Ad was locked in less than an hour.

It was priced very low, and I'm guessing someone came in over list price but geez....man up and honor your commitments, and your price.

He's now on ignore.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Ingo has been a fantastic place to buy and sell. No problems. Armslist has been hit or miss on my three transactions. I will stick with Ingo.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Feedback is important. If you've had a good experience, post positive feedback. If you've had a bad experience, let the buyer/seller know and see if the differences can be worked out before leaving negative feedback, but if they can't, then definitely post the neg feedback so others can beware.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom