• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Or control access to those areas where you have weapons and don't let strangers/random folks walk around your house unsupervised. I have things other than weapons I don't want people fooling with.

gobuyastick

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2015
    Fishers
    wew first post

anyway, I purchased a 36 gun (i think) Cabela's Woodsman when it was on sale last, and had it shipped to my home. I was looking for a safe with a DIAL and not a keypad, because I've had more than one person I know be locked out of their safe when a keypad failed.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Question about the fast accessibility of a night time safe. If you *may* need super quick access to a gun at night, leave it open. That way you won't worry about fidgeting with locks and shtuff. With kids and stuff, lock it back up in the morning, safe and sound.

Have to disagree with you here. Kids can get to it while your sound asleep and might not hear them. Have to eliminate all chances.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Have to disagree with you here. Kids can get to it while your sound asleep and might not hear them. Have to eliminate all chances.

I've also been known to sleep walk, raid the fridge, sit and watch tv, etc without ever knowing all the things I did. It doesn't happen often, but I'd rather not wake up to discover I decided to do some target practice in the middle of the night.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    wew first post

anyway, I purchased a 36 gun (i think) Cabela's Woodsman when it was on sale last, and had it shipped to my home. I was looking for a safe with a DIAL and not a keypad, because I've had more than one person I know be locked out of their safe when a keypad failed.

Wow! Long time no post! Welcome to INGO!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Question about the fast accessibility of a night time safe. If you *may* need super quick access to a gun at night, leave it open. That way you won't worry about fidgeting with locks and shtuff. With kids and stuff, lock it back up in the morning, safe and sound.

This is what I do. I don't have small children in the house though. My youngest son is 20 and he keeps a Sig P320 in .45 on his nightstand, so I don't worry too much about him getting into the guns. Every night, I unlock the gun lock box in the nightstand and put the nightstand gun on the nightstand. If needed, it's right there with night sights showing me exactly how it's sitting.

I don't trust too many modern electronics and don't trust any consumer grade electronics at all.

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    only read a couple pages so far.... I'll agree that electronic is NOT preferred, and can be easily overcome. There are some scray vids of KIDS bypassing electronic safes online.

Get a mechanical lock -- I got the Fort KNox Pistol Box 1 (they have other variants)
    I can highly recommend this box. It's mechanical, can do it in the dark, user changeable combo,

I got it from a shop in OK (A.G. English for under $200 a few yrs ago)
    https://www.amazon.com/Fort-Knox-FTK-PB-Pistol-Handgun/dp/B004H6MKI8

Top Bottom