What pistol do you regret selling the most?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Probably my S&W 5906. I loved that gun, but decided to get out of the 9mm game and focus completely on 38 and 357. Wish I still had it, but the Ruger SP101 357 is a good enough replacement. I used to be a polymer pistol fan but after that 5906 Ill be sticking with the steel.
    :rockwoot:

pellidon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Ruger Stainless Speed 6 with the short barrel. Traded it off in the late 1980's because I felt it was too big and heavy for use as a snubbie. I have only seen one or two around since.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I regret ever having to sell any of them, but most particularly miss the Performance Center No.3 Schofield and AMT DAO .45 Backup I had to let go of due to a severe financial crunch.

Packin-Heat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Avon, Indiana
    The piece i regret selling the most was a Colt pocketlite .380 stainless. I bought the thing new for 350.00. It was the perfect pocket-gun for me, slid in and out of back pocket very easily. I sold it when times got a little rough, few years back. And since then that little gun has haunted me, and I cant seem to replace it for less than 600.00. I made a decision then, the only time I would sell a gun is to replace it with a bigger or better gun.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Never, but I do have a thought...

When I was a teeager my grandpa, who retired a Major, sold a Chromed out, Gov. issue semi-auto (I'm guessing a 45 auto). I'd only seen it because of "snooping". Boy what I'd give to hold the pistol he earned. Apon his passing I did recieve the 7.65mm Sauer he took from a German trying to kill him. I wish I was old enough to know to have ask him for it...that's me regret! I will save some for my kids!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A Springfield Armory 1911 Professional Model that was signed by Dave Williams on
    9/11/2001.
    I spoke with him afterwards, he was in the shop and doing final testing tested some pistols signed the certificates and then turned on the news.
    I did sale it to an FBI agent or had to have it and covered my expense plus a couple of bucks

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    My first ever gun. A Taurus PT92. I loved the trigger (had to be worked over) so much that I bought another. Hated that second one so I sold it not long after aquiring it.
    Then thinking I wanted another 1911 I traded my first pistol the beloved PT92 with the sweet trigger to a fellow board member and fellow collision repairer.

BOY do I regret that one. :crying:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    S&W 686: 8 3/8" barrel w/ 4 position adjustable front sight, target hammer and trigger, Hogue monogrip and lightened trigger. Ordered it just as I wanted it in 1988. A real sweet shooting gun. Had to sell to pay medical bills. Haven't been able to find one like it since.

Trujillo107

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    NWI
    I picked up a kimber tactical pro ll at a gun show for 500 bucks. It had been mistreated and poorly maintained. I cleaned it up like new, got a set of wilson tritium night sights, custom cherry wood grips with an army logo and I got the slide reblued and the frame hard chromed. It was the first gun I customized and the talk of the 1911 club I'm in. Unfortunately I got laid off and had to sell it to pay the mortgage. I got $1400 for it.

Top Bottom