• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I’ve seen this HK 9mm SP5K pistol on sale at PSA in their email ads. It’s listed at $2999.99. Why $3K for this pistol? What makes it so special?

Just curious, Matt

F23D450B-0F66-4920-83C5-B1D6AB706711.png

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Shh no one tell him what Machine Guns go for, it's a Glassic GERMAN manufacturer roller locked (IE expensive to manufacture) SMG. You can get PTR's for 1/2 the price and they are made on old German tooling. Last but not least "H&K, because you suck, and we hate you" .
    But it’s not a SMG. It’s a semiauto that looks like a SMG.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Because you could then say "Ho Ho Ho Now I have a machine gun too" (not an actual machine gun, no animals were harmed making this statement...)

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    The first thing is, that isn't a good deal on it. That is the older version, the new ones have a tri-lug barrel. In about 5 seconds of searching Omaha Outdoors has it for $2,700 and they tend to be higher on most things I look for.

Whether it's special or worth the cost is subjective. It was worth it to me to get one and sbr it. Very soft shooter and a tack driver. I like it better than the mpx or scorpion by far. I shoot a LOT and have for many years. I will say of every brand I have owned HK is the only one I have never had a single failure of any kind and that is a thousand+ rounds at minumum each through UPS, UPSc, P30, P2000 (My favorite), VP9, VP9SK. Some of them 10,000+ rounds. Maybe someone else's experience with them is different. I still have my Glock's, S&W's etc but none have been as reliable. I would say shoot one and decide if it's worth it to you. Having said all of that I don't think HK is the end-all be-all of firearms and there are plenty of good options that will not cost you as much.

"H&K, because you suck, and we hate you" comes out pretty quick almost every time I see a post about HK. People can feel however they want but I've never had a bad experience with them, though never had to try to get anything fixed, just calling in for info etc.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    HK is HK….. a knockoff is a knockoff. If your happy with the HK and can afford it buy it…. Happier with the knockoff buy it. Although I can see the HK being worth it to someone that can afford it. I’ve pondered many times…. And almost pulled the trigger on a new one.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    A chevy 1500 w/t and a gmc 1500 Denali are essentially the same truck too I guess. Made on the same line.

Top Bottom