What kind of snake is this?

Cameramonkey

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
May 12, 2013
Camby area
If it's not poisonous, turn it loose. Snakes eat the stuff we really, really don't want around like mice and such.

Now if it venomous, Ik'll it with fire

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Dec 28, 2012
Martinsville
If it's not poisonous, turn it loose. Snakes eat the stuff we really, really don't want around like mice and such.

Now if it venomous, Ik'll it with fire

What kind of fire? Hand gun? Rifle? Shotgun? 9 iron? Got to be more specific! LOL!

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 22, 2018
United states
That is a northern rattler.. very poisonous, you can always tell if they are poisonous by the shape of their heads and eyes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Hornett

Master
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sep 7, 2009
Bedford, Indiana
It could be a rattle headed copper moccasin, but it's more likely a water snake.
I think you have to let it bite you to find out for sure.

Seriously, it's a water snake.
If it doesn't have Hershey's kisses on the side, it's not a copperhead.
Baby copperheads usually have a green tail.

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 27, 2019
Muncie
It appears to be a harmless brown snake. Could be out looking for a meal, mate, or new home since the weather warmed
up a little.

He wasn’t aggressive at all, he was laying on the deck in the sun and I almost stepped on him.
probably just basking and lives nearby. Maybe underneath your deck or near your home.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
May 12, 2013
Camby area
What kind of fire? Hand gun? Rifle? Shotgun? 9 iron? Got to be more specific! LOL!

Jaybird1980

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
NWI
That is a northern rattler.. very poisonous, you can always tell if they are poisonous by the shape of their heads and eyes

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Definitely not a Massasauga rattlesnake, as said it's just a Dekays Brown snake. Harmless and beneficial. Most adult Dekays are under a foot.

Top Bottom