d165129c077b7333cc03b5ecfffda74f1a5607232f9ab6652348d76111f55a9f.jpg

all'at can be replaced.......1st things 1st, man......:yesway:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Been in your shoes before. Sold my priced Colt AR-15 to help pay for some of a surgery that I had 15 years ago. Broke my heart.

Of course since then I've re-aquired an M4. Not a Colt though.

Edit: If your in Mishawaka ever look me up and we'll go blastin'!

Last edited:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    You did the right thing.

I would have kept the Glock and let the TV and phones go. I only have a cell and installed a TV antenna.

I have been in your shoes. My four thousand dollar safe sits darn near empty. Don't have the time to shoot much any way. Have two kids now and recently finished my BBA.

Later in life guns will get replaced with better ones than I had before. Keep on rocking and enjoy your family and new ride.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think you already know this, but things are just things. You end up leaving them behind anyway. They are only worth having if you keep them in perspective, otherwise you are better off without them.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I own guns and gun stuff in part because they are my investment of last resort. Since I know I would have to truly be in need in order to sell them, they are items of value that will not be squandered frivolously whereas a little money in the bank is a tempting target when a shiny new toy is beckoning. Fortunes come and go, the real trick is working to better yourself which will always pay off.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You did right. But I'd have done it differently.

1) If cash is that tight, drop the TV and Phones. I still don't have cable, and I pay $14/month with PagePlus for a basic phone instead of having a smart phone.

2) If cash is that tight, why are you buying a new car and taking out a loan? You can find a reliable beater on Craigslist to get you through, and it won't rack up the debt. Hell, I still drive my 99 Dakota that I got 5 years ago for $1800. Runs like a champ.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Family, kids are the best investment. There was a time when it seemed like all I could do was look and wish. Tough times make tough people and if you make the right decisions then you'll be a better person for it. I have more now because I make better decisions now. College and family will pay off over and over.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Guns. Definitely. A car can't protect your family

I, fer 1.....like ta see ya put gas in'at thing......load grocery's in it.....kids....all'at shizz....:):
    usual roun'trip work route fer me is....?.....75 ml or better, an' at's a average day.....try load'n all'a shizz I got'a carry on'a gun....:):....much less DRIVE the da*n thing.....

wake-up, dude......:rolleyes:

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You did the right thing, and it's really not a hard decision. Yeah it sucks in it's own way but you did the right thing by a thousand miles. Guns are replaceable.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You did right. But I'd have done it differently.

1) If cash is that tight, drop the TV and Phones. I still don't have cable, and I pay $14/month with PagePlus for a basic phone instead of having a smart phone.

2) If cash is that tight, why are you buying a new car and taking out a loan? You can find a reliable beater on Craigslist to get you through, and it won't rack up the debt. Hell, I still drive my 99 Dakota that I got 5 years ago for $1800. Runs like a champ.
    I'm on board with the cable. Haven't had it for 2+ years and never will again. What a colossal waste of money that was for me.

I'm driving a 2001 Jetta TDI. 240k original miles and rolling along. Body's beat up a bit but mechanically it's a rock.

Top Bottom