• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I am currently building or setting up a long range AR and ive selected Harris as my bipod im going with but im not sure what height to get. 6-9 or 9-13?

I will be shooting mostly prone off of the ground

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    4139ruler.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    9-13 is more practical. i use the 6-9 but one some of the longer shots w/ any change in elevations sometimes its not enough so i have a 9-13 i keep as a spare. as long as you are not a tiny guy the 9-13 will do what you want it to do and allow you to get close enough to the ground.

BEST way though, is to try both of them and pick what you like the best.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    depends on the use. for range work i usually go 6-9. on my hunting rifles i use 9-13. the reason is when hunting i may not have the option of stepping on or pulling grass infront of my shooting position. i have 2 6-9 harris s series and 2 9-13 harris s series all with pod lock. nomatter what i have on the rifle i have the other size in the bag.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Wow ive gotten alot of respones on this and seems to be split right up the middle. I wish i had the funds for both options at the moment but i can only get one as of now.

Does body build have anything to do with it?
    Im 6'4 210lbs. Im skinny but im wide at the shoulders.

And like i said almost all of my shooting will be prone.

And thanks for those links!!!! I will be reading up on those

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    At your height, 9-13" might fit you better. See if you can them locally to try both. If you can't find a 6-9" at a local shop, I'd be happy to let you try mine.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Wow ive gotten alot of respones on this and seems to be split right up the middle. I wish i had the funds for both options at the moment but i can only get one as of now.

Does body build have anything to do with it?
    Im 6'4 210lbs. Im skinny but im wide at the shoulders.

And like i said almost all of my shooting will be prone.

And thanks for those links!!!! I will be reading up on those

hieght has little if anything to do with it. diameter around does :D.

your welcome to bring your rifle over and try mine. i have 6-9, 9-13, 13.5-23 that you can try

as skinny as you are you will be able to get behind the 6-9 with no issues. im 6'2 240 and i can do it so i know you can

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    hieght has little if anything to do with it. diameter around does :D.

your welcome to bring your rifle over and try mine. i have 6-9, 9-13, 13.5-23 that you can try

as skinny as you are you will be able to get behind the 6-9 with no issues. im 6'2 240 and i can do it so i know you can

I will take you up on that! Well once i get all my stuff ordered. Or if i could try it out on your rifle before i place my order thatd work out too

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I will take you up on that! Well once i get all my stuff ordered. Or if i could try it out on your rifle before i place my order thatd work out too

defintally try mine out before you order. bring your gun, if it has picitanny rails or a sling stud i have the stuff to get it mounted. i have picitany rails aswell that mount to the bottom of a handgaurd, i think i might even have a anny rail sling stud that it can be mounted to.

i cant think of any rifle i cant get a bipod mounted to with the parts in my bins but im sure there is somthing im missing

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    defintally try mine out before you order. bring your gun, if it has picitanny rails or a sling stud i have the stuff to get it mounted. i have picitany rails aswell that mount to the bottom of a handgaurd, i think i might even have a anny rail sling stud that it can be mounted to.

i cant think of any rifle i cant get a bipod mounted to with the parts in my bins but im sure there is somthing im missing

sounds good! ill try to make a trip over there within the next few weeks. ill pm you with details whenever i can get them figured out

Top Bottom